GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Coil housing connector

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 07:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glk 300 4matic Sport
Coil housing connector

Hi, I have a GLK 300 4matic Sport 2014 and broke the gray lock of a coil connector housing while replacement the spark plugs. Does anybody know who is the manufacturer of these item?
Old 04-30-2018, 09:44 PM

Received 152 Likes on 132 Posts
2013 GLK350
You need 000-545-89-12 about $3 USD. The supplier is likely Tyco Electronics Connectivity or Aptiv. I've have noticed the housing was revised when I bought spares.

A necessary tool to disconnect most automotive connectors is the terminal release tool. The one that connects the firing system is a 2.8mm two-prong style. TKR Group & Rennsteig is an OEM supplier to many tool companies, however you may be able to use an equivalent Chinese made clone. Also next time use a spark plug boot pliers to pull the connector off...

Lastly always disconnect the power supply before you go probing terminals and use an electronics cleaner.

Old 04-30-2018, 10:01 PM

Glk 300 4matic Sport
Originally Posted by JohnnyC
You need 000-545-89-12 about $3 USD. The supplier is likely Tyco Electronics Connectivity or Aptiv. I've have noticed the housing was revised when I bought spares.

A necessary tool to disconnect most automotive connectors is the terminal release tool. The one that connects the firing system is a 2.8mm two-prong style. TKR Group & Rennsteig is an OEM supplier to many tool companies, however you may be able to use an equivalent Chinese made clone. Also next time use a spark plug boot pliers to pull the connector off...

Lastly always disconnect the power supply before you go probing terminals and use an electronics cleaner.

Johnny, thanks a lot for you support.
Regards,
Old 04-30-2018, 10:02 PM

Glk 300 4matic Sport
Thank you Johnny. Regards.
Old 04-30-2018, 10:29 PM

2013 GLK350
No problem. I ended up breaking one tab as well. I buy most of my connectors from the dealer but I am going to switch over to Mouser and Digikey (USA electronic suppliers).

Oh yeah forgot to mention to mention these connectors release from the front. You use the tool I mention and pull out from the back. The backside has numbers on it so you can remember the wiring postion. DO NOT mix up the wiring position. Write down the color code wire and number if you have to.
Old 04-30-2018, 11:42 PM

Glk 300 4matic Sport
Originally Posted by JohnnyC
No problem. I ended up breaking one tab as well. I buy most of my connectors from the dealer but I am going to switch over to Mouser and Digikey (USA electronic suppliers).

Oh yeah forgot to mention to mention these connectors release from the front. You use the tool I mention and pull out from the back. The backside has numbers on it so you can remember the wiring postion. DO NOT mix up the wiring position. Write down the color code wire and number if you have to.
Thank you for your suggestions regarding wires order. I’ll try to get one connector from any dealer here in Argentina, It will be not easy...
the connector in my car has just the gray plastic part broken. In case I found one connector locally or from my cousin who lives in Spain, what do you think about to replace just the gray part on the connector which is already installed? It would
be for not disassembly the wiring...
Old 04-30-2018, 11:57 PM

2013 GLK350
Yes you can just swap out the grey part, but it is a little cumbersome to remove from the housing. You are likely to break the grey tab again because it is a permanent assembly after manufacturing.