Need advise on where to buy suspension parts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 2010
Need advise on where to buy suspension parts

Hi there,

So I just had my four tires replaced, I was told that I should do an alignment to extended the tires life etc. right after leaving the tire shop I noticed that my car was pulling slightly to the right, so they checked the front suspension and this is what the mechanic said needs replacement, I believe is the upper control arms and lower? also one of the sway bar links has a broken bushing, so I guess I should replace those as well.

I have been looking on eBay, and found this kit https://www.ebay.com/itm/FRONT-UPPER...97.m4902.l9144 did a quick search on google of that company, and they have so many complaints. Is there a reputable place I can get the kit from? other than a Mercedes dealership? My car is a 2013 GLK 350 with 75k miles
Old 06-05-2018, 05:15 PM

Received 152 Likes on 132 Posts
2013 GLK350
where do u live, im on mobile cant see
Old 06-05-2018, 06:07 PM

C300 2010
Originally Posted by JohnnyC
where do u live, im on mobile cant see
I live in Miami Florida
Old 06-05-2018, 06:15 PM

Received 152 Likes on 132 Posts
2013 GLK350
get some of the stuff from FCPeuro and some of the stuff from a dealer. Those parts in the ebay link don't look that great.
The following users liked this post:
avelcot (06-05-2018)
Old 06-06-2018, 11:06 AM

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
350 GLK, C280
First, try another shop for determination of problem. What yo described for parts would be a solution for wobbly steering, not pulling to one side. What tires did you get? One might be out of round or defective if the car did not pull before. Why did you get new tires? Was one of them badly worn on the inside or outside? If you lived in Canada where it gets really cold, I could see maybe having a problem with ball joints as that what these components have. But in Florida, should not go bad in 75K miles.
Lower fronts with ball joints are around $108. Front uppers are side dependent and should be around$114.Sway bars are side dependent and cost about $30
Rock Auto is a good supplier of parts quickly and has a selection of vendors.
Old 06-06-2018, 11:29 AM

C300 2010
Originally Posted by bop11
First, try another shop for determination of problem. What yo described for parts would be a solution for wobbly steering, not pulling to one side. What tires did you get? One might be out of round or defective if the car did not pull before. Why did you get new tires? Was one of them badly worn on the inside or outside? If you lived in Canada where it gets really cold, I could see maybe having a problem with ball joints as that what these components have. But in Florida, should not go bad in 75K miles.
Lower fronts with ball joints are around $108. Front uppers are side dependent and should be around$114.Sway bars are side dependent and cost about $30
Rock Auto is a good supplier of parts quickly and has a selection of vendors.

Thanks for the info, I replaced tires because they were worn already. I bought the Dunlop Sp sport 7000, the tire shop did switched tires to opposite sides to see if it was a bad tire, however, it kept on pulling to one side. I bought the car used almost two years ago with 50k miles, it never pulled to the side but it did had a little bit steering play. I took it to the dealership suspecting it was a bad control arm, they ended up replacing one of the struts mount but the fixed was only temporary. This time I took it to an indy shop, and that was the diagnosis, the pull is not too bad, but there is a pull anyway.

There are many many of buildings under construction in Miami all over the place, our roads are often in bad shape for 2-3 years until buildings finish construction then roads are resurfaced. Thanks
Old 06-06-2018, 11:27 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 CLA 45, 2013 GLK 350
Rockauto.com

ive used it for years.