GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Pzev Model

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 11:03 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
GLK350
Pzev Model

Can anyone educate me on this model? I hear this is the low emissions/slightly better mpg model but can't find anymore details on it.

I know that with BMW, certain PZEV models had a special components like a stainless fuel filter and gas tank that was fused together; making replacement cost more than the car is worth. hoping that's not the case with the GLK
Old 06-26-2018, 11:58 AM

Received 154 Likes on 133 Posts
2015 GLK350 & 2020 C300
I know for a fact there is an air cleaner behind the air filter. might be worthwhile to compare the parts list.
Old 06-27-2018, 10:02 AM

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
350 GLK, C280
. If you register a TZEV version in California, Maine, Massachusetts, New York, Oregon, Vermont, Alaska, Connecticut, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, or Washington, you get the extended warranty.

LEV: Low-Emission Vehicle All new cars sold in California starting in 2004 will have at least a LEV or better emissions rating.
ULEV: Ultra-Low Emission Vehicles. ULEVs are cleaner than LEV certified vehicles.
SULEV: Super Ultra-Low Emission Vehicle. SULEVs are cleaner than ULEV certified vehicles.
PZEV: Partial Zero Emission Vehicle. PZEVs meet SULEV tailpipe emission standards, have zero evaporative emissions and a 15-year/150,000 mile warranty.
AT PZEV: Advanced Technology PZEVs. AT PZEVs meet the PZEV requirements and have additional "ZEV-like" characteristics. A dedicated compressed natural gas vehicle, or a hybrid vehicle with engine emissions that meet the PZEV standards, would be an AT PZEV.
ZEV: Zero Emission Vehicles. ZEVs have zero tailpipe emissions. These include battery-electric vehicles and hydrogen fuel cell vehicles.
For more information, you can contact the agencies listed below:US Environmental Protection Agency401 M Street, SW, Washington, D.C. 20460202-260-2090http://www.epa.gov