GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Apple Car Play Options? 2012 GLK350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2021, 11:35 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Silver 2013 S500 AMG. 4.7 litre V8 Bi Turbo 7 Speed Gearbox
UPDATE:

I found Mr. Shahzard. He is in Sharjah, north of Dubai. His business is Al Remal Al Thahabain. Waze or Google maps will take you to his front door.
Given his reputation, I was happy to drive from Abu Dhabi to his shop to get my car fixed. 1.5 hours each way.

His staff quickly identified that a prior owner had replaced the original Japanese Command unit with a local Emirates unit, but had not set up all the
functions. He quickly sourced a Japanese unit, reprogrammed it and had it installed in minutes. A laptop was connected, programming and functions
were checked and while they were at it, they added a LIMCET Box to the back of the command unit. This gave me Apple Play and Android Play.

This was necessary, as the Command unit thinks it is in Japan and only shows Japanese maps on the Command Navigator. But, with Apple I have
full bluetooth / wifi connection to the Limcet and I now have access to ALL my iphone software, mirroring and apps such as WAZE and Google maps
etc. I don't need the COmmand maps.

The only negative is that the dashboard clock takes its time from the GPS system and so it is showing Japan time. It doesn't bother me, but I am told
it is a simple fix to take the glass off the clock, remove the hands and then put them back on in the proper time position.....

Not brave enough to do that yet.....

Good luck.
Old 02-25-2022, 11:52 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GLK 250
Car Play

I am having the Unavi product installed his weekend. Will give me Apple Play and a back up camera along with a bigger screen. Will let you know how it turns out if interested. FYI 2105 GLK 250
The following users liked this post:
jmirgy (02-26-2022)
Old 05-25-2022, 01:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2015 GLK 250
How did your install go, and who did the installation?
Old 05-25-2022, 07:18 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Silver 2013 S500 AMG. 4.7 litre V8 Bi Turbo 7 Speed Gearbox
I found Mr. Shahzard. He is in Sharjah, north of Dubai. His business is Al Remal Al Thahabain. Waze or Google maps will take you to his front door. His number is 05 0381 7111. Very happy with the knowledge of Mercedes and the Command system. What country are you in? I also had the LIMCET box installed into my wife’s 2016 Audi S6. Different installer, different location at Dragon Mart, Dubai, but same unit and just as happy with the standard of installation, workmanship and quality of the unit. Both units are well hidden behind the dash and both cars can now be switched between the COMMAND system, (or Audi MMI) and back to CarPlay or Android. PM me, if you would like some pics or a short video of the system in action.
Old 01-15-2023, 04:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes glk 350 2011
The model we have is bare bones - no USB port. Only some odd looking connector thing in the center console.

Adding a bluetooth receive/play function to the radio would be just excellent - that's the only reason he wants CarPlay.[/QUOTE]

I have a 2011 and wanted this exact thing. I did a lot of research and kept coming across the “Tune2Air” Bluetooth gadget. It plugs into the funny plug in the glove box. It’s expensive for what it is but it is perfection. No cords and my phone just automatically links in to the audio. It’s the next best thing to CarPlay.