HELP! Air vent removal from wood grain dash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 12:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK 350
HELP! Air vent removal from wood grain dash

Hi,

I'm new to this forum hoping someone can help. I've been looking through the threads for the past hour can't seem to find anything related to this:

My wood grain dash trim was damaged so I've ordered a new part - I can't seem to figure out how to remove the air vents and LED lighting strip from the old one to install into the new one. Does anyone have any suggestions or a video link they can share on removing dash air vents from a 2014 GLK?

Thanks!
Old 05-29-2019, 08:02 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2003 C320
Have you searched YouTube? Maybe something helpful there.
Old 05-30-2019, 06:44 PM

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
2013 GLK350 4Matic; 2010 Audi A4 Quattro; 2004 Yamaha R1
Originally Posted by Mattcoo
Hi,

I'm new to this forum hoping someone can help. I've been looking through the threads for the past hour can't seem to find anything related to this:

My wood grain dash trim was damaged so I've ordered a new part - I can't seem to figure out how to remove the air vents and LED lighting strip from the old one to install into the new one. Does anyone have any suggestions or a video link they can share on removing dash air vents from a 2014 GLK?

Thanks!
You know how to remove the trim from the dash right? trim around key first, hidden screw on the end in the passenger door area (remove fuse cover panel on end of dash). Tuck fingers in under the trim piece right above the glove box, carefully and firmly pull away from the dash. keep working your way across the dash towards the drivers side. You will have two small electrical connectors (hazard/air bad). Your trim should now be off and then you can work on removing the vents and led strip.