GLK350 not starting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 04:57 PM
H&C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK 350
GLK350 not starting

I am able to place the key in and turn all the way to ignition, no engine click, no turn of the engine. I am able to turn radio on, lights on, middle gauge comes on when inserting key. No additional accessory response at second or starting position. Put a meter on the battery - reads 12.6, did notice that I do not hear the usual (grinding/metallic turning) noise that i used to when placing the key into the ignition, I do hear something electrical clicking on at the floorboard drivers side. Replaced the battery in key fob cleaned the ignition hole and key.

Last edited by H&C; 07-23-2019 at 05:18 PM.
Old 07-23-2019, 05:26 PM

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
14 GLK 250
Originally Posted by H&C
I am able to place the key in and turn all the way to ignition, no engine click, no turn of the engine. I am able to turn radio on, lights on, middle gauge comes on when inserting key. No additional accessory response at second or starting position. Put a meter on the battery - reads 12.6, did notice that I do not hear the usual (grinding/metallic turning) noise that i used to when placing the key into the ignition, I do hear something electrical clicking on at the floorboard drivers side. Replaced the battery in key fob cleaned the ignition hole and key.
My guess is battery. charge it to full or replace it. I had a similar problem once. Everything seemed OK but would not even try to crank. Good luck.
Old 07-23-2019, 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 234 Likes on 216 Posts
2013 glk 350
You don’t say how many miles or what year. Or how old the battery is. 12.6 v is good voltage , mine at 12.2 starts fine but terminals are clean and battery load tested fine. It could be corroded battery terminals, bad ground , starter or a bad battery that can’t supply the amps. Clean battery terminals, charge it and see if it helps. Get the battery load tested , any auto store will do it free.
Old 07-25-2019, 07:42 AM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
2009 GLK 220 cdi
Originally Posted by H&C
It looks on ESL, do you hear the specific inserting sound when you put key in? If not, it's esl...is your steering wheel locked or unlocked?
The following users liked this post:
rmfnla (08-13-2019)