GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

2015 GLK Right Air Vent Trim

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2019, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 GLK 350 4matic
Exclamation 2015 GLK Right Air Vent Trim

I have a 2015 GLK and the air vents have a silver round trim piece that is loose on my right vent nozzle.

I have had zero luck after hours looking online about how that trim piece is removed or replaced.

It looks like it could just be slightly twisted to come off or back on.

It is part number 4 in the below diagram, specifically the silver trim around the vent.

Anyone with a service manual able to help me out? I have seen that it can be removed on other videos and posts, but those videos or posts never mentioned how it is removed.

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-31-2019, 05:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 230 Likes on 212 Posts
2013 glk 350
I bet it’s a part of the dash, so buy a new dashboard, or get a thin glue that will flow into the area it’s loose and forget about it. If you could remove it you would likely break it, but to even try I think you have to remove the dashboard to see how it’s affixed
Old 08-02-2019, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 GLK 350 4matic
So I figured it out. There are clips on the opposite side of the trim piece. I neede to first make sure I had the part on in the exact position. The way to know is the lower clip had a different look to it. A longer silver clip where the prongs would go-between and clip in. Wish I had taken photos but didn't unfortunately. But I was able to clip it back on and super glued it this time. BTW, they do not sell the trim separately. The only way to get the circle trim part over the vent is to get the whole vent and replace. Could get one on ebay for $45 if I needed to. Happy to offer any more help if anyone here has the same issue.