GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

egr electrical disconnect

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2020 | 12:06 PM

glk
egr electrical disconnect

I have looked long and hard for a way to access the electrical plug for my egr with no luck. I had a tune done and now its rough idle. the tuner says disconnect the egr (I dont think this will help since I cant find anywhere anyone has had to unplug it) never the less I'm trying to trouble shoot the issue. I cant find anything odd on my live data on my scanner. I'm also wondering what the vacuum actuator control on top of the egr. I think its controls flow to the cooler but am not sure. from what I understand the egr is electronic.
Old 06-25-2020 | 01:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLK 250
Your tuner is a novice. A good tune requires no hardware modifications to be made, especially since the EGR is controlled by the ECU and can be shut off 100% that way.

I'd advise for a better tuner.
Old 06-25-2020 | 01:42 PM

14 GLK 250
Was this a local tuner or did you get it done somewhere this forum has recommended? I may do the tune eventually and would like to know who to stay away from. Thanks
Old 06-25-2020 | 02:37 PM

glk
Originally Posted by andreigbs
Your tuner is a novice. A good tune requires no hardware modifications to be made, especially since the EGR is controlled by the ECU and can be shut off 100% that way.

I'd advise for a better tuner.
I didnt think it would be needed. I couldn't find anyone anywhere saying that. but this is the card I'm dealt with now so I'm trying to work with it. maybe I will see about pulling the tune out and finding another source.
Old 06-25-2020 | 02:43 PM

glk
I would still like to know what that actuator does. and if anyone has ever been able to unplug egr. just so u can tell the tuner i did and it didn't help. lol
Old 06-29-2020 | 02:08 PM

glk
figured it out. to access the egr electrical plug u need to remove the black vacuum box 3 bolts on top of egr cooler. after that remove the 6 horizontal bolts that bolt the cooler to the egr assembly and remove it. I didnt have to disconnect antifreeze lines. I used a long 1/4 extension from the front of the cooler to access the bolts. removal of the egr appears involved/ difficult after that. anyway might help someone down the line. this didnt resolve my tune issue just a fyi. thinking of reverting back to stock.
Old 06-29-2020 | 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLK 250
thinking of reverting back to stock.

Probably best to see about a refund. Any reputable tuner should offer a 30-day refund. After that, find a decent tuner to work with. There are several popular on this forum. I've used one and have been happy since day 1.

Good luck.