2010 GLK ECU

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2022, 05:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK 2010
2010 GLK ECU

Hi guys, need a little advice here
my 2010 glk has 220k on it Canadian spec, I love the car selling it is not an option lol

So what happened is one time I was driving then the car started jerking and check engine light flashing, took it to repair shop I deal with told me it was intake manifold needed to be replaced, didn’t want to do it right away so told them to just do oil change because it was due. then I took it home and parked it for a month, ( it drove fine from repair shop to home) then I started to drive the car again with no issue just I don’t feel the power as it should
bought oem manifold and replaced it, took the car and I found the car vibrates a lot and check engine is on, told me needed new mounts and replaced the mounts and still the same, took it to another repair shop which is more fancier than the old one and said they needed to reinstall the manifold, they did, vibration gone but engine light still there and the power is not as it should plus a whispering sound while accelerating, took the car back to them and said they needed a new manifold as the one reinstalled is defective,

I didn’t buy it so took it finally to MB dealer and they find the car needed a new ECU and lambda sensor which they quote me at 7k

I could find a used Ecu of eBay and reprogram it but I just want you guys’s thought on what happened,

any help will be appreciated
Old 01-24-2022, 06:52 AM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
2018 AMG GT S, 2016 E350, 2013 GLK350
A new ECU? And a new manifold? From the sound of the issue, it may be manifold gaskets. When changing the spark plugs, you must raise the manifold and it is quite tricky to reinstall with existing manifold gaskets. For my 2013 GLK, there are six gaskets and they are pricey. Once the problem is resolved as it sounds like your problem has been solved, the code must be cleared. Any independent mechanic should have an OBDII code scanner which can clear the code. Also, it would be instructive to know all the codes and give a hint why they now say an ECO and lambda sensor are required. I use the Carly scanner which is very reasonably priced. I’m puzzled by the lack o power. I do no think the car is in limp mode but at 220k, what maintenance has been done for filters and plugs? Maybe O2 sensors and clean the MAF.
Old 01-24-2022, 06:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK 2010
When changing the manifold, I got new gaskets( i believe they were 2 not 6 ) and new O-rings too ( those were expensive consider their sizes ) as for plugs the were installed at 180k ( never changed the coils) for the O2 sensor, the maintenance guy at MB dealer says he tried a new O2 to see if will solve the issue but he said it didn't do different that why he insist of changing both ECU and O2 sensor, they also cleaned the MAF as they claimed

I really don't know what to do