2013 GLK 250 silly countdown

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2022, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 GLK 250
2013 GLK 250 silly countdown

Hello everyone!

I just had my GLK 250 / 2013 into the dealership 2 times for the recall/lawsuit about the blutec nonsense. The countdown started again and they are trying to make me payt a diagnostic crap fee, etc. No thanks!

Anyone have a link or know exactly what to buy in order to bypass that silly countdown? I had a snapon dealership scanner and that wouldnt clear the countdown.

I need a failsafe code clearer for this nonsense car!

I dont have the money to "delete" it at the moment - might burn it instead!!!

Thanks in advance

Last edited by georginareid; 09-14-2022 at 10:49 AM.
Old 09-14-2022, 11:40 AM

Received 77 Likes on 57 Posts
GLC300 (mine) GLK250 (wife's)
Is your DEF fluid low? Is so just top it up.
If you have enough fluid, take the car back to the dealer. Your SCR system is 100% covered by the extended warranty. If there is any pushback just tell them to review the items covered under the settlement or (even better) take a copy with you to show them. If necessary bypass the SA and go to the service manager. Don't pay a dime or take any guff.

.https://bluetecupdate.mbusa.com/cont...components.pdf
Old 09-15-2022, 09:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 273 Likes on 231 Posts
GLK 250
^^^ This. And if service manager doesn't get it resolved, MB Corporate on the phone while you're there will make them escalate it. Due to the AEM, all components of the exhaust system and its aftertreatment devices are covered by MB extended warranty. Make them work for it.
Old 09-15-2022, 10:11 PM

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
glk
Originally Posted by georginareid
Hello everyone!

I just had my GLK 250 / 2013 into the dealership 2 times for the recall/lawsuit about the blutec nonsense. The countdown started again and they are trying to make me payt a diagnostic crap fee, etc. No thanks!

Anyone have a link or know exactly what to buy in order to bypass that silly countdown? I had a snapon dealership scanner and that wouldnt clear the countdown.

I need a failsafe code clearer for this nonsense car!

I dont have the money to "delete" it at the moment - might burn it instead!!!

Thanks in advance

I assume you completed the AEM work at the dealership BEFORE the countdown started? If so, its standard to pay the diag fee and they will reimburse it back if the error is due to the emissions (obviously it would be). HOWEVER, I was at the dealer the other day and witnessed this EXACT situation:
The dealer refused to cover it via warranty BECAUSE at the time of the AEM(months ago), they requested the person to fix something on the car (not covered by AEM) and they declined and just did the AEM.

I didn't hear exactly what they didn't fix at the time, but the dealer was adamant that the unfixed "issue" led to the countdown.... hence not covering the warranty.

bizarre...

TIP: only take it to a dealer that works on Sprinter Vans. You could easily pick a dealer that has almost no diesel experience.