GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Does your glk sound like this?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2023, 11:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 270 Likes on 228 Posts
GLK 250
Good deal. It's possible that it may take some time for fuel system components to get cleaned up. I've used LM engine flush before, never had issues, especially on used cars where I've been unsure of their history and even on my cars after about 50-60k miles.

The note on the reputable filter was based on known issues with not-so-great filter brands (or Chinesium specials) that allow oil to drain back to the sump when engine isn't running, so the filter always has to get primed when you restart the engine. That's increased wear and startup noise you don't need. If you use a good brand you shouldn't have those issues.

As for scanning the car for codes, some places like Auto Zone or O'Reilly will do it for free. My advice on getting a scan tool for yourself was so that you could monitor live parameters like fuel trims, injection timing, etc. That might be helpful to diagnose the issue. Of course, if you have stored codes that would be a start too. Just note that AZ or O'R won't clear them as they're not allowed; but you could if you had your own.
The following users liked this post:
calder-cay (09-22-2023)