GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

TPMS issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2023, 01:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
E320 W211
TPMS issues

I have a TPMS sensor light on for rear right. Display shows all tire PSI but that right rear. I bought 433 megahertz sensor and took it yo Indy tire shop. He scanned it and said that the front passenger TPMS as not reading. I said the rear right shows on dash as not reading. He showed me and sure enough he was right. He replaced and scanned and said all 4 now read. He said it should relearn in a few miles. That was over 100 miles ago. It still shows rear right not reading. I think it may be TPMS module. My question is this; does each tire have its own module. I read so many post and none are very clear. Also, is it in trunk, side panel, under carriage etc.? Does it sound like a TPMS module? All 4 TPMS sensors can be read by hand held but dash display still not picking up right rear,
Old 11-14-2023, 02:41 PM

Received 185 Likes on 142 Posts
2011 GLK 350 4Matic
You do have to make certain that the sensor you bought is one that's actually compatible with the MB TPMS system. I recently installed four new aftermarket sensors in my new wheels, and all I had to do was install them on my GLK and drive a few miles. They automatically sync'd with the vehicle, and were accurately reporting all four corners. I just mounted my snow tire wheels yesterday, and within 3-4 miles, the "new" (old) sensors were all reporting properly as well.

I can only wonder if you got one that wasn't capable of auto-sync'ing with the MB TPMS system.

FWIW,
here are the ones I bought here are the ones I bought
for the new wheels. I know they're unavailable, but FWIW were around $80 delivered for four, and seem to last many years (based on reviews).
Old 11-15-2023, 07:27 AM

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts
2011 GLK 550
The TPMS module is in the left hand side of the trunk/hatch cargo area.
Old 11-16-2023, 09:46 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
E320 W211
TPMS Issues resolved

I still got TPMS issues even after replacing with new. Light was on for days. Last night I just rotated tires and light went off. I then rotated tires back and light was off. It seemed like it was stuck and could not get rid of bad sensor information and needed to read another sensor to clear the issue. So weird.

Thanks for the help
The following users liked this post:
Roadrashed (11-17-2023)