Fault Code Diag Help Needed!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2024, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK 250
Fault Code Diag Help Needed!!!

Code/CEL:

P0607 CAN reception timeout of data of control unit traction systems (stored)

P062B Internal Control Module Fuel Injector Control Performance (stored)

P229F NOX Sensor Circuit Range/Performance - Bank 1 (pending and permanent)

Preface:

115,000 miles on my 2014 GLK250. I recently replaced both charge hoses on my turbo (last DEC) due to NOX sensor codes and the stealership told me the fault was due to intercooler hose crack on the driver side. NOX CEL went away, great. But it has been progressively returning and going away. CEL currently on now (over a month). So I’m trying to find a solution for the true cause of this fault.

Also, my vehicle rarely goes into limp mode and displays the CEL codes above. Limp mode usually only triggers under unique circumstances. Hard acceleration, and sport mode engaged. So:

1.) Could it be a fuel injector issue?

2.) Could the intake manifold need replaced due to insufficient air?

3.) Voltage related issue?

4.) Or some other issue entirely?

5.) What could be causing my limp mode? Is it possible for an incorrect NOX sensor to trigger limp mode?

Can someone please educate me on what my problem may be? I looked everywhere on this forum and cannot find anything relating to my experiance. I appreciate it!!!

Note: My ecu has a JR Tuning stage 1 tune. Unsure if the tune is related to these faults. I’m seriously considering a DPF/SCR/EGR delete and am incredibly close to pulling the trigger, but I am unsure if this will resolve my issue.
Old 05-23-2024, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 273 Likes on 231 Posts
GLK 250
Too much to guess at, but I'm leaning on poor quality tuning. I've seen my share of bad results from it and yours are classic symptoms.

Best advice is to have your Bluetec properly repaired under the AEM settlement, then take advantage of the generous extended warranty that covers a ton of things including emissions system, fuel system, and many many others.