GLS Class (X166) Produced from 2016 to 2019

5% on GLS350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 09:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
BENZ GL 350
5% on GLS350

Today a broker who sold me another car 2 years ago told me that he can try to get 5% discount for me.
I haven't walked into any MB dealership yet but this seems to be a good news, although I have no idea whether he really can get this deal for me or not in the end.
Let's go and see.
Old 01-25-2016, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 528 Xi, BMW M3, FORD F-150
The dealers are more flexible with discounts when it comes to blutech since it is the least popular model.
Old 01-25-2016, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
Originally Posted by Andrew Cho
The dealers are more flexible with discounts when it comes to blutech since it is the least popular model.
Your wrong about it being the least popular in Canada. Here I canada, apparently roughly 70% of previous GL are the 350 blue technology. They are also the model that has the strongest in resale . When comparing lease, the residual value is the strongest with the blue tech.
Old 01-26-2016, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by 1st amg
Your wrong about it being the least popular in Canada. Here I canada, apparently roughly 70% of previous GL are the 350 blue technology. They are also the model that has the strongest in resale . When comparing lease, the residual value is the strongest with the blue tech.
Let me say first that I am not trying to put up a fight with you. I am not sure where you get "ROUGHLY 70% of previously sold GL's are 350 blutech." This is NOT true. I actually looked at the sales sheet for GL models in Canada two months ago when I switched from 350 to 450. Believe it or not, less than 15% of the total sales of GL are 350 blutech in Canada. Blutech has been be increasingly more popular over the last couple of years due to its new technology but you cannot say that 70% of all GL's sold in Canada is blutech. Please do your homework before making any speculations.
A good friend of mine is a sales manager at a dealership here in Alberta. He blatantly admitted that he is very flexible with 350, but not so much with 450 by showing me the sales sheet.
Ask yourself this question. Why would they offer incentives to sell something that is already popular? They wouldn't...
Old 01-26-2016, 12:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts
CLK320
I am not sure about the % of the diesel vs gas sold here in Canada. When I place my order the Vancouver dealer are pretty firm on diesel price for GLE and GL. A bit more room on Gas version but maybe due to its on the lot. Not a lot of used diesel is avalible here also. But now seems like the lease term is almost done for must people for the GL, if you go on autotrader there are a few of 350 for sale.
Old 01-26-2016, 06:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
Well, in my part of the country, the gas powered are few and far between, there is also a lot more play in the price of the gas rather than the diesel. The diesel hold their resale value alot more, and I mean quite a bit more than the gas version. I am not saying that the diesel is better, quite the contrary, I am a full on petrolhead and would prefer the gas engine, but it's is hard to say no to 1100km a tank in the city for my wife and children's car. Good luck with yours and post lots of pics, it looks like a nice build.
Old 01-26-2016, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by 1st amg
Well, in my part of the country, the gas powered are few and far between, there is also a lot more play in the price of the gas rather than the diesel. The diesel hold their resale value alot more, and I mean quite a bit more than the gas version. I am not saying that the diesel is better, quite the contrary, I am a full on petrolhead and would prefer the gas engine, but it's is hard to say no to 1100km a tank in the city for my wife and children's car. Good luck with yours and post lots of pics, it looks like a nice build.
You are definitely right. It is very hard to say no to 1100km to a full tank of gas in the city. I guess people's preference in engine choices varies a lot from city to city or from province to province so it would be perfectly normal for one to notice more blutech than petrol engines in some areas.
I am a petrolhead myself as well. The reason why made the switch is because I just couldn't justify 255 hp for such a huge vehicle.
Old 01-26-2016, 01:54 PM

BENZ GL 350
Hey guys, my broker just told me that he would get 5% off for me; but I actually doubt he could really do that, providing GLS350 is a high demanding vehicle.
Let's go and see :-)
Old 01-26-2016, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by MBinCanada
Hey guys, my broker just told me that he would get 5% off for me; but I actually doubt he could really do that, providing GLS350 is a high demanding vehicle.
Let's go and see :-)
Good luck! Where is the delivery date?
Old 01-27-2016, 05:26 PM

BENZ GL 350
Originally Posted by Andrew Cho
Good luck! Where is the delivery date?

I haven't placed order yet; my broker said that after the pricing comes out in Feb he will try to work out the discount for me.

Again, I am not 100% sure that he could get this job done but I'll see.