GLS Class (X166) Produced from 2016 to 2019

What kind of tires do the GLS come with?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 10:16 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
2017 GLS 550 - 2023 S580
Originally Posted by EL3470
see my post directly above and would add I have dedicated scorpion winters I use between nov and march. spend 100 dollars to take them off/on two times a year and the tires cost say 1350 or so.

its a no brainer imo if you see snow, ice.
I will for sure get the tire you suggest above as I have seen the same reviews as you have on the tire rack. The question is do I change out the tires now (brand new) or wait until the stock tires wear down to the point where they need to be changed.
Old 06-13-2017, 06:19 AM

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts
--
Originally Posted by dfride
I will for sure get the tire you suggest above as I have seen the same reviews as you have on the tire rack. The question is do I change out the tires now (brand new) or wait until the stock tires wear down to the point where they need to be changed.
those dws have been to closest thing to high performance all season I've found over the years. I think you will prefer them in the snow/ice to the oem ones you have but maybe there are some alternatives out there worth considering
Old 06-13-2017, 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Frankly - when you get your GLS550 - with 21" low profile's - check what you have on the rig to see if it matches your assumption - as compared to what will arrive on your rig - you will have at least one other brand/All-Season choice