GLS Class (X166) Produced from 2016 to 2019

custom build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2016, 09:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GLS 450
custom build

Hi Folks, I'm contemplating a custom build vs. picking one off the lot as most don't have the options I'm looking for have other extras that I don't care much about.

Trying to understand if MB offers a 60-90 day rate lock (MF and Residual for lease) similar to BMW on custom build orders with option to switch to the delivery month program if that is more favorable.

thanks in advance.
Old 10-29-2016, 12:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,105 Likes on 810 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
1st - if you are planning for delivery this year - you better hop-on-it.

Mercedes rates are based on month of delivery - no "lock-down" - which frankly a BMW kindof smoke - since going into calendar year end rates are always better going forward - and at start of new calendar year residuals become better going into remaining months of model year - so "lock down" frankly is "moot" point.
Old 10-29-2016, 03:00 PM
Veteran: Air Force

Received 141 Likes on 126 Posts
2015 ML350, 2021 BMW X3, 1991 190E
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
1st - if you are planning for delivery this year - you better hop-on-it.

Mercedes rates are based on month of delivery - no "lock-down" - which frankly a BMW kindof smoke - since going into calendar year end rates are always better going forward - and at start of new calendar year residuals become better going into remaining months of model year - so "lock down" frankly is "moot" point.
Read you post with interest and can't say I understand any of what you are referring too. Are you guys talking about leases? If so, can you explain in more detail your discussions. I have never leased a car and just interested in the subject.
Old 10-31-2016, 03:51 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GLS 450
programs generally get better towards year end. Typically nov and dec are better than earlier months (due to end of year to meet sales goal). Also in the next year programs get better when approaching end of model year (in an effort to move the current inventory for the new model year inventory comin in). For leasing what matters is the residual and Money factor and the what you negotiate the selling price. The selling price also matters for financing. Leasing is tricky as some may not understand it well enough and dealers can make money off people by tricking them into focusing them on the monthly payments. instead the buyer should focus on negotiating the selling price and making sure the dealer is not marking up the money factor. Hope this helps.

Last edited by KZEVO; 10-31-2016 at 03:59 AM.