The 9G Transmission

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2016, 12:56 AM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 146 Likes on 102 Posts
Question The 9G Transmission

What are your impressions of the new 9G?
TIA
Old 12-25-2016, 08:27 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Haflinger
usually smooth as ; however I find it sometimes quite clunky at low speeds, around 30kph when backing off, it feels like it rolls & changes up, or locks the torque converter, with a big clunk.

as per our car, the great lemon, its not consistent, just annoying in traffic.

The other thing I don't like about the transmission is that the car rolls down a slope when you stop and take foot off brake. Forward or backward.
Our drive is sloped, so when I select reverse [foot on brake] and remove foot, the car holds for a second or two & then rolls down the hill! Most times the hand brake is on, but if I've moved a bit, then stop , it does it. Cant remember any auto I've had doing this.
Old 12-25-2016, 05:37 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by blazing928
usually smooth as ; however I find it sometimes quite clunky at low speeds, around 30kph when backing off, it feels like it rolls & changes up, or locks the torque converter, with a big clunk.

as per our car, the great lemon, its not consistent, just annoying in traffic.

The other thing I don't like about the transmission is that the car rolls down a slope when you stop and take foot off brake. Forward or backward.
Our drive is sloped, so when I select reverse [foot on brake] and remove foot, the car holds for a second or two & then rolls down the hill! Most times the hand brake is on, but if I've moved a bit, then stop , it does it. Cant remember any auto I've had doing this.
Yes, there is a low speed/light throttle issue (from 3rd-4th in my case) with a sloppy shift at times and noticeable torque converter lock up . I'm hoping a software update will correct this. I am mentioning this to my dealerships service shop foreman so he can alert the MB rep and we can get a fix, please do the same as the more people that request a fix the sooner we'll get one. How many miles on your GLS?
Old 12-26-2016, 03:50 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Haflinger
6700km, delivered Oct 5, gone back to dealer for THIRD time while we're on Xmas holidays
(actually in LA as I write this!)
Old 12-26-2016, 04:18 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by blazing928
6700km, delivered Oct 5, gone back to dealer for THIRD time while we're on Xmas holidays
(actually in LA as I write this!)
Yikes...you can PM me the details. I also have a very dear friends in Melbourne, I believe they have a home on Victoria Beach.