GLS Class (X166) Produced from 2016 to 2019

GLS-450 ACS issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 06:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017-GLS450
GLS-450 ACS issues

Request you all not to add ACS add on feature on your GLS 450. Below is my ordeal email ref. ACS issues and still not resolved. Below is my email copy I had sent to my dealer and cc to MBUSA customer service.

Today yet again I got the active curve system malfunction error message, this is the fourth time I have gotten this error. Below is the screenshot of the error message. I have also attached the email I had sent to Jenna at MB USA yesterday stating the ACS issue, which I had not marked you cc on it.
I have been driving my truck since the day I took delivery and knowing how well the truck drove before, the quality of driving has degraded after each repairs. The truck has never driven the same as before after all the repairs were done. I have complained every time about the issue after each repair, but I was turned down and told that the truck drives as per MB specifications. I always replied that it does not drive the same. Even MB USA left me in the situation where I felt helpless and I regretted leading the Mercedes brand.
This time I suggest you fix my truck properly and I request that my truck be sent back to the factory and have the whole ACS/ADS system replaced and deliver my truck properly repaired.
I hope you guys understand my frustration and try to stand behind the brand you sell.
and here is the email I had sent yesterday to mbusa
I'll. Appreciate if you can help me and reach out to your higher management to fix the ACS issue on my truck. Even after this last repair the ACS issue is still present, my truck leans and wobbles too much on city and highway roads, and the ride is too much soft. I feel helpless as the ACS issues has not been 100% resolved.
Please let me know what can be done to remedy the issue.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:17 PM

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts
2020 GLE450 / 2003 BMW M5
I have an ML550 that's at 110k miles - never a single problem with Active Curve. If you are still under warranty and/or bought the car new, I recommend stopping at the dealer every time the code pops if you are able so they properly document the issue.

It's a waste of your time, but one of the force sensors might be bad causing the system to de-activate and let your GLS roll like a barge. If it resumes normal operation when you turn off the car and re-start, that's probably an indicator of what is causing it.

You are asking MB to replace the shock absorbers (ADS) and/or air springs when it is a problem with the roll bars (ACS). ADS is just an optional shock absorber for airmatic that changes damping profiles on the go. So, of course they will not replace unless a strut is leaking or has clearly failed.

The more often you have the dealer document the problem, the easier it is to have MBUSA support you.