Notices

2019 GLS details?

 
Old 11-11-2017, 10:15 PM
  #26  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 195
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
S550
Some good pics toward the end of this thread,
https://www.germancarforum.com/threa...r.51984/page-3
tate16t is offline  
The following users liked this post:
JoeMa (11-12-2017)
Old 11-12-2017, 11:47 AM
  #27  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Central PA
Posts: 1,638
Received 109 Likes on 87 Posts
19 BMW X7 xDrive 50i
Two tech features I'm hoping MB supports in the new X167 is wireless charging and wireless CarPlay. The new BMW M5 supports both. Check out this video, it's an iPhone X review but skip to 15:00 to see what I'm talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvVKnC6gGtg&feature=youtu.be
JoeMa is offline  
Old 11-13-2017, 02:33 AM
  #28  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4,890
Likes: 0
Received 558 Likes on 438 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Wireless Qi charging yes - wireless CarPlay not known yet. Apple has really always played a heavy hand with Mercedes on integration from the start... hasn't ever been chummy..
fabbrisd1 is offline  
Old 11-13-2017, 06:09 PM
  #29  
Member
 
Neurobit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Houston
Posts: 99
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2014 GL550
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1 View Post
Wireless Qi charging yes - wireless CarPlay not known yet. Apple has really always played a heavy hand with Mercedes on integration from the start... hasn't ever been chummy..
Gosh I hope you’re wrong on wireless CarPlay. Specially since BMW already has it on a couple of models.
Thanks for all the insight. Pls keep’em coming!

Neurobit
Neurobit is offline  
Old 12-12-2017, 07:40 PM
  #30  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Central PA
Posts: 1,638
Received 109 Likes on 87 Posts
19 BMW X7 xDrive 50i
JoeMa is offline  
Old 12-14-2017, 12:57 PM
  #31  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: DFW
Posts: 50
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 GL550, 2015 Ghibli S4
Here's to hoping that the fantastic new G-class interior will make its debut in the redesigned GLS with the dual large screens!
tdt5648 is offline  
Old 12-14-2017, 01:03 PM
  #32  
Member
 
Neurobit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Houston
Posts: 99
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2014 GL550
Originally Posted by tdt5648 View Post
Here's to hoping that the fantastic new G-class interior will make its debut in the redesigned GLS with the dual large screens!
No doubt. That interior looks gorgeous.
Neurobit is offline  
Old 12-14-2017, 01:52 PM
  #33  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: WI
Posts: 2,083
Received 158 Likes on 128 Posts
17 E43; 18 GLS550
Originally Posted by tdt5648 View Post
Here's to hoping that the fantastic new G-class interior will make its debut in the redesigned GLS with the dual large screens!
That is virtually guaranteed.
c4004matic is offline  
Old 12-16-2017, 11:59 AM
  #34  
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Belgiumshire
Posts: 116
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W126-500SEC
Originally Posted by Neurobit View Post
No doubt. That interior looks gorgeous.
I think it's horrendous, and I don't understand people's fascination with a videogame machine in what is supposed to be the ultimate go everywhere tool. If a bit falls over or a screen cracks when you're out there you're completely in the dark. It's ****e.
Peter R. is offline  
Old 12-16-2017, 12:59 PM
  #35  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 29
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
14 GL550 Diamond White Designo
Smile



OK so I'm definitely not an artist and have no Photoshop skills but I wanted to see the new GLS in color and this was the best I could do. What do you think (no not about my artist skills).
wphughes1 is offline  
Old 12-16-2017, 04:58 PM
  #36  
Member
 
Neurobit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Houston
Posts: 99
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2014 GL550
Originally Posted by Peter R. View Post
I think it's horrendous, and I don't understand people's fascination with a videogame machine in what is supposed to be the ultimate go everywhere tool. If a bit falls over or a screen cracks when you're out there you're completely in the dark. It's ****e.
Hate to break this to you, but all modern vehicles are computer controlled.
Now sure how the screen would get cracked. Does that happen to you often? If so, this is not the vehicle for you.

I love the new look.You don't. We can agree to disagree. If everyone liked the same things the world would be a very boring place.

Neurobit
Neurobit is offline  
Old 01-15-2018, 10:41 AM
  #37  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 26
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 GL450
Is there any update as to when MY19 GLS production will start?

I currently have a 2010 GL450 and really need to get a new model this year.Is production definitely going to start this year for the new MY19 GLS model?
Nantucket is offline  
Old 01-15-2018, 10:48 AM
  #38  
Member
 
Neurobit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Houston
Posts: 99
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2014 GL550
Originally Posted by Nantucket View Post
Is there any update as to when MY19 GLS production will start?

I currently have a 2010 GL450 and really need to get a new model this year.Is production definitely going to start this year for the new MY19 GLS model?
If the new 2019 G is any indication (just unveiled at the DAS) they should be available late summer.

Neurobit

On Edit: Mmm... Take this with a grain of salt. I would have assumed they would have something to show at the DAS just like they did with the G, which the MB rep said late summer availability for that model. Not sure about the GLS though. One can only hope.

Cheers.

Last edited by Neurobit; 01-15-2018 at 11:26 AM.
Neurobit is offline  
Old 01-15-2018, 11:19 AM
  #39  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 26
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 GL450
Originally Posted by Neurobit View Post
If the new 2019 G is any indication (just unveiled at the DAS) they should be available late summer.

Neurobit
Thanks for the info.The fall would be the perfect time for me to take delivery.I will definitely wait for the details to be announced.
Nantucket is offline  
Old 01-16-2018, 07:32 AM
  #40  
skw
Super Member
 
skw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Boston area
Posts: 571
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
2019 GLS450
Originally Posted by Nantucket View Post
Is there any update as to when MY19 GLS production will start?

I currently have a 2010 GL450 and really need to get a new model this year.Is production definitely going to start this year for the new MY19 GLS model?
I do not have high hopes for the MY19 GLS to be the all new model. The new G-wagon was just shown at the Detroit show. Also, in the past few years, the GLE came to market one model year before the GLS and we still have not even seen that yet. My guess, and again, this is just me, it that hopefully by the New York show, we will see the new GLE and those will hit the ground later this year. Followed by the GLS being unveiled at a show around this time next year.
skw is offline  
Old 01-16-2018, 04:11 PM
  #41  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 26
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 GL450
Originally Posted by skw View Post
I do not have high hopes for the MY19 GLS to be the all new model. The new G-wagon was just shown at the Detroit show. Also, in the past few years, the GLE came to market one model year before the GLS and we still have not even seen that yet. My guess, and again, this is just me, it that hopefully by the New York show, we will see the new GLE and those will hit the ground later this year. Followed by the GLS being unveiled at a show around this time next year.
Based on what fabbrisd1 has said it looks like MY19 production will definitely start this year.Maybe Mercedes decided to release the new GLS a year earlier than they normally would because the new BMW X7 is being released this fall.
Nantucket is offline  
Old 01-17-2018, 10:34 AM
  #42  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Jason B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 3,341
Received 115 Likes on 95 Posts
W140 Mercedes S350, W221 S550 sport
I hope they bring back the WIDE fenders like they had up to 2012. That really made the truck look much meaner and impressive looking.
Jason B is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Neurobit (01-17-2018)
Old 01-17-2018, 11:04 AM
  #43  
Senior Member
 
Strafzettel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 349
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
2017 GLS 450
Originally Posted by Jason B View Post
I hope they bring back the WIDE fenders like they had up to 2012. That really made the truck look much meaner and impressive looking.
This is what I have to think of when I see these big wheel wells!

Strafzettel is offline  
Old 01-17-2018, 11:30 AM
  #44  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Jason B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 3,341
Received 115 Likes on 95 Posts
W140 Mercedes S350, W221 S550 sport
Originally Posted by Strafzettel View Post
This is what I have to think of when I see these big wheel wells!
That's what the current GL550 looks like with the added fenders onto the already flat body... I'm talking about what just about every mercedes had before the newer refreshed models came out only 2-3 years ago.

One of the last models to have that wider look was the CLS, which many still say is one of the nicest looking, least ageless models.
Jason B is offline  
Old 01-17-2018, 11:41 AM
  #45  
Senior Member
 
Strafzettel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 349
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
2017 GLS 450
Originally Posted by Jason B View Post
That's what the current GL550 looks like with the added fenders onto the already flat body... I'm talking about what just about every mercedes had before the newer refreshed models came out only 2-3 years ago.

One of the last models to have that wider look was the CLS, which many still say is one of the nicest looking, least ageless models.
No, the CLS does not have that look.



They should never have put that on the old S-Class and it turns the new Audi Q7 from a station wagon into an ugly station wagon
Strafzettel is offline  
Old 01-17-2018, 12:01 PM
  #46  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Jason B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 3,341
Received 115 Likes on 95 Posts
W140 Mercedes S350, W221 S550 sport
Originally Posted by Jason B View Post
That's what the current GL550 looks like with the added fenders onto the already flat body... I'm talking about what just about every mercedes had before the newer refreshed models came out only 2-3 years ago.

One of the last models to have that wider look was the CLS, which many still say is one of the nicest looking, least ageless models.
Yes, I said one of of the last models to have that was the CLS, last one

Jason B is offline  
Old 01-17-2018, 12:33 PM
  #47  
Senior Member
 
Strafzettel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 349
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
2017 GLS 450
Originally Posted by Jason B View Post
Yes, I said one of of the last models to have that was the CLS, last one
I'm talking about how it's done. The CLS has wide fenders but there is a clean line that looks classy. When you look at that Passat picture it looks like they extended 2- 3 inches just around the wheel cutout and that looks cheap.
Strafzettel is offline  
Old 01-19-2018, 09:03 PM
  #48  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 735
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
GLS450
2020 Mercedes GLS Resurfaces for Winter Testing in the Snow

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...-the-snow.html
jerome8283 is offline  
Old 01-19-2018, 10:07 PM
  #49  
Member
 
Neurobit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Houston
Posts: 99
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2014 GL550
Originally Posted by jerome8283 View Post
2020 Mercedes GLS Resurfaces for Winter Testing in the Snow

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...-the-snow.html
I believe that’s the 2019 mod year, not 2020...
Neurobit is offline  
Old 01-19-2018, 10:14 PM
  #50  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Central PA
Posts: 1,638
Received 109 Likes on 87 Posts
19 BMW X7 xDrive 50i
JoeMa is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2019 GLS details?


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: