GLS Class (X166) Produced from 2016 to 2019

Ever serviced your soft close doors?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 01:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 GL450
Ever serviced your soft close doors?

I ask because I want my dealer to check the calibration on mine.

My GLS550 is only a year old and the doors make a little bit of noise when going over anything that can twist the chassis at all - like potholes, speed bumps, driveway aprons etc..

I had soft close on our 13' 450, but they worked slightly differently than the GLS. The older system pulled the door in to a preset distance and stopped. The new car pulls in then releases back a tiny bit to the end position. Like anything motorized (windows, sunroof, tailgate etc...) there must a calibration protocol?

Has anyone ever had their soft-close doors worked on or calibrated? Next time I take it in for service, I want them to check it out, and if I leave it up to them they'll return it and say "sounded fine to us".

Thanks for any help
Regards,
DRP
Old 03-12-2018, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,120 Likes on 732 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
There are 2 things I absolutely didn't want on my 550, the ridiculous soft close doors and the ghetto MB symbol projectors on the side mirrors, the definition of gauche. One thing I wanted but didn't exist, an HUD.
Old 03-13-2018, 12:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
1st things 1st - your door and sunroof seals need treatment - under warranty your dealer "should" do this for you N/C - if they have the MB recommended "Gummi Pflege Stick" in stock... or for $15 on Amazon Prime you can take care of it yourself in 15 minutes... DIY wipe down the deals with a light;y damp microfiber 1st - then apply Gummi Pflege both door/body seals - a whole 15 minutes work -

Amazon Amazon

I have no comment on your soft-close door "issue" - the only "problem" we encounter is in the event a door gets "blocked" on closing - let's say with a backpack strap left in the door - such a closing obstruction will knock the soft close feature for that specific door offline and requires reset for that door... "calibration" have no idea but hard to understand all 4-doors that are operating properly are "mis-set" in your mind.