GLS Class (X166) Produced from 2016 to 2019

2nd row seat folding hits drivers seat. Is this normal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2018, 06:06 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Haflinger
2nd row seat folding hits drivers seat. Is this normal?

Hi

in my other thread about the worse GLS ever made you can , if you've got nothing to do, read about this car. Australian delivered Oct 2016 GLS350d
https://mbworld.org/forums/gls-class...s-new-car.html

590 days owned, 130 days at the dealer!

However I am asking a specific question; if any on else has a problem of the 2nd row hitting the back of the drivers seat when folding forward?

In our car , the 2nd row head rest barely retracts, or doesn't - [a fault], and the drivers seat doesn't move forward fast enough, so the head rest hits the drivers seat or the webbing as it folds forward.
I'm about 6' and do sit quite close to a wheel, so the drivers seat is not a long way back.

The car came back after over 5 weeks at service and it wasn't fixed...I sent it back!

cheers Nigel
Old 05-29-2018, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,120 Likes on 732 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
Not normal. The headrest retracts completely and instantly before the seat tumbles forward. I think your Aussie dealer gave you a reject from another country! Are you sure it wasn't a salvage vehicle from a flood or something?? Not unusal for that kind of thing to happen, a dealer somewhere gets flooded out and they get rid of their stock by shipping it internationally as salvage. The international dealer repairs any visual issues "washes" the title and sells it as new!!!
Old 05-29-2018, 07:03 PM

Haflinger
Interesting thought, but unlikely. New order, RHD, quite specific colour and spec, eg; low range. We just have a lemon ��
Headrest fixed again, drivers seat still doesn't go forward fast enough, or the delay before folding isn't long enough. Apparently dealer checked others in stock and if the drivers seat is a long way back they do this, but. I might go check that one myself....
surprised this would be the case, but after my experience with MB quality, I wouldn't bet against it!
Old 06-04-2018, 09:15 AM

Haflinger
So car comes back and now the head rest retracts fast, however at my seat setting the head rest still hits the webbing slightly. MB reckon thats normal....