rear hatch info in display

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 12:17 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Haflinger
rear hatch info in display

hi
need some checking regarding the re hatch display info graphic and what gongs it makes when you drive off.

in the car that keeps on giving... I managed to drive off with the hatch open and smashed the rear window on the car port rafter. One very large DOH! moment

I thought I had closed it, but obviously not. Now I thought that the car can't drove off with the hatch open? Or it will gong at me? Will it gong straight away or do you need to drive a bit first?

[From memory when I've have reversed with it open, I had to manually release the handbrake, but then I may not have been wearing the seat belt, [can't remember] so that is correct, with no belt you must release hand brake manually.]

Anyway, I selected D and drove out...

later on when the hatch was open, I noticed I don't get any info in the dash graphic that it was open. If I open a door, immediately I get a gong and it shows which door is open.

The unknown is if the display message not working before, or as a result from the whack? I can't remember if it was. I've only had it back a week after the last 5 week service adventure.

The carport whacked the spoiler which broke the glass. I also think its damaged the struts as they seem slow to close.
Anyway, an insurance job, some interesting prices too. glass & fitting is about AUD$1800. rear plastic unpainted spoiler AUD$1400 = USD$1000, rear brake light AUD$500. Aussie to AUD$1 =USD 0.75c That price for the spoiler is pretty astronomic for what it is. Some BS about pricing to the model!

ta Nigel
Old 05-18-2019, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 C-Class W204
Same problem

Got the same problem. Did you find a solution ?