Rattle from the central tunnel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz GLS 2016
Rattle from the central tunnel

Hello,

I'm the owner of 2016 GLS and trying to find out the cause of the rattle from the central tunnel. Its somewhere in the cup holder area (on the right side) and it happens when I'm going through rough route or bumbs. I took it to the dealer and they said they cant find the issue - well, in other words they don't like to bother with it. I'm running these fancy 21" wheels and the car is a bit hard for me, but anyway I think there should not be rattle like this in such expensive and premium car. I used to ride Land Rover discovery for 5 years and never experienced such rattle.

Do you guys have some issues with the build quality (rattle) of your GLS? Any idea how to locate the cause of this rattle - maybe there's some manual how to remove the cup holder?

Thanks
David
Old 07-20-2018, 08:30 PM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
2017 GLS 450
Originally Posted by hajekd
Hello,

I'm the owner of 2016 GLS and trying to find out the cause of the rattle from the central tunnel. Its somewhere in the cup holder area (on the right side) and it happens when I'm going through rough route or bumbs. I took it to the dealer and they said they cant find the issue - well, in other words they don't like to bother with it. I'm running these fancy 21" wheels and the car is a bit hard for me, but anyway I think there should not be rattle like this in such expensive and premium car. I used to ride Land Rover discovery for 5 years and never experienced such rattle.

Do you guys have some issues with the build quality (rattle) of your GLS? Any idea how to locate the cause of this rattle - maybe there's some manual how to remove the cup holder?

Thanks
David
I've gotten confused by rattles coming from stuff I had in the glovebox, center console or even stuff I put with the spare wheel in the trunk. I would empty all spaces including the compartments in the doors and also check the backseat area and then do a test drive. I also had my exhaust hitting the heat shield when I accelerated hard with my ML but that was more of a banging sound, not a rattle and they fixed it by bending that heat shield a little.