2017 GLS450

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 08:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 GLS450
Angry 2017 GLS450

Hello everyone,

After so many issues with my car finally I joined MBWorld.
I’ll try to make my very long story short...
After the fifth week that I purchased my car started with a “ low coolant level “. For this issue the car vent back to Mercedes dealer 4 times. Finally the issue was fixed after replacing the water pump.
After about a month took it back for “Red Battery light” stayed on. After 3 times to the dealer the issue was resolved by replacing the battery!
Now couple of weeks ago the car “ died” in the parking lot of supermarket. Had it towed to the dealer and after 8 days in the dealer they changed the alteratior!
Two days ago the car “died” while driving for a split second and came back on with bunch of faults...
Today I’m waiting to be called to bring the car back to the shop...
Old 03-14-2019, 08:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 135 Posts
2010 Mercedes GL450; 2000 Mercedes ML55 AMG; 2016 VW GLI SEL Stick!!!
Originally Posted by bmarku
Hello everyone,

After so many issues with my car finally I joined MBWorld.
I’ll try to make my very long story short...
After the fifth week that I purchased my car started with a “ low coolant level “. For this issue the car vent back to Mercedes dealer 4 times. Finally the issue was fixed after replacing the water pump.
After about a month took it back for “Red Battery light” stayed on. After 3 times to the dealer the issue was resolved by replacing the battery!
Now couple of weeks ago the car “ died” in the parking lot of supermarket. Had it towed to the dealer and after 8 days in the dealer they changed the alteratior!
Two days ago the car “died” while driving for a split second and came back on with bunch of faults...
Today I’m waiting to be called to bring the car back to the shop...
Depending on your state you could have it lemon awed.

But it seems like your dealer is slow on the uptick and slow to make any repairs. Perhaps change advisor or dealership?