GLS Class (X166) Produced from 2016 to 2019

HVAC mold smell

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2020, 08:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLS550
Thanks for all the info. I had the dealer perform the hvac "treatment ", about $125, shortly after my original post and the smell is gone. I have been diligent about turning the ac off shortly before my arrival, no real issue as the ac blows cold air for a couple of minutes afterwards. I was informed that the reimbursements were just that reimbursements so I am still waiting on that check. Ha! But the smell is gone and I am thoroughly enjoying the vehicle, seems a small price to pay to have that much "get the *&^# out of the way" at my disposal. I will try the Ozium next time it stinks though. Thanks again
Old 11-11-2020, 11:01 PM

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts
AUDI Q7
Originally Posted by slicksimon
Thanks for all the info. I had the dealer perform the hvac "treatment ", about $125, shortly after my original post and the smell is gone. I have been diligent about turning the ac off shortly before my arrival, no real issue as the ac blows cold air for a couple of minutes afterwards. I was informed that the reimbursements were just that reimbursements so I am still waiting on that check. Ha! But the smell is gone and I am thoroughly enjoying the vehicle, seems a small price to pay to have that much "get the *&^# out of the way" at my disposal. I will try the Ozium next time it stinks though. Thanks again
yeah,right! Spoiled eggs smell spoils the otherwise pleasan experience of this luxe veh!!! Happy with the Ozium, I'll do it on a regular basis. Others recommended spraying Lysol, same idea .
i changid all the filters, though, please see my other post.

Cheers,

Bob
Old 11-19-2020, 10:14 AM

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts
AUDI Q7
Still holding well, 3k fresh miles 👌, fresh linen scent!!!
Talked to dealer about it and agreed much of the problem comes from dirty/unchanged air filters.

Chirz,boiz

Bob

Old 04-12-2023, 08:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A8
Best of luck with your Benz and hopefully the smell doesn't come back.