GLS Class (X166) Produced from 2016 to 2019

Buying CPO 17/18 GLS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2020, 12:29 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
na looking to buy
Buying CPO 17/18 GLS

'Im going to buy a 17/18 GLS 550; I want to thank the board for the information provided earlier, an issue has come up....a few of the cars I'm looking at have the B&O audio system. I've read that with that unit you do not have a spare tire and need to have run flats....true? If that is true how big an inconvenience and additional cost is it every time you have to put new tires on, which is about once a year?
The following users liked this post:
chassis (12-22-2020)
Old 12-22-2020, 05:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,009 Likes on 3,150 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Have a look at your favorite tire retailer’s website for runflat prices.

It would be a tough call to make if I was looking at a nice GLS with B&O and runflats. My wife’s BMW has runflats and I despise them. She doesn’t care much one way or the other.

Also, comments on this site suggest the B&O system while good, might not be THAT good. I am always impressed with the harmon kardan performance whenever I listen to it.
Old 12-22-2020, 09:22 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
na looking to buy
Originally Posted by chassis

It would be a tough call to make if I was looking at a nice GLS with B&O and runflats. My wife’s BMW has runflats and I despise them. She doesn’t care much one way or the other.

Also, comments on this site suggest the B&O system while good, might not be THAT good. I am always impressed with the harmon kardan performance whenever I listen to it.
Good point and thank you for the reply!
chassis (12-22-2020)
Old 12-28-2020, 04:00 PM

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts
2020 GLE350 2020 Toyota Rav4H AWD XLE
Originally Posted by chassis

If you ask me, as an audiophile, the Logic 7 system will get you great quality. Especially with the sub in the front and all the tweeters around the car and will pack in great bass. Granted B&O will probably get you more, but i would imagine the difference is negligible from the Logic 7 to the B&O. Just my .02 though
chassis (12-28-2020)
Old 01-11-2021, 09:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If the gls b&o is the same as the one on gl, I can tell you it sounds pretty decent but not anywhere near the level of the burmester in porsche. If you're buying used and the b&o isn't hard to find, then look for one with it. It it's hard to find then don't worry about it.
chassis (01-12-2021)