2nd row headrest issues?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2023, 10:48 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
2005 E320, 2006 ML350, 2017 GLS550
2nd row headrest issues?

Hello everyone,

Tomorrow I’ll be buying a 2017 GLS550, and I’ve gotta say, I’m absolutely ecstatic.

But, while looking at the car, I folded the 2nd row seats forward to check out the the 3rd row and I noticed that the middle headrest on the second row seat would not stay in place when folding the seat down, and would get stuck against the back of the center console. Obviously, this is not a dealbreaker on the car, but it’s definitely an inconvenience considering I will need frequent access to the third row.

Why might this be, and what could be done to address it? (Apart from just taking the headrest out and living without it lol)
Old 09-23-2023, 01:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 432 Likes on 355 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
Ours touches the back of the center console as well and we just live with it. No harm so far on our 2017 GLS 450. Well I guess our headrest does touch but does not flop around and has a strong spring to pull it down out of the way when you push the button on the base of the support post. If this is not the case for yours maybe someone can take the back of the seat off and repair it. Well almost no harm. A couple of times the little pull out storage thing on the back of the console was not folded away and the mechanism that holds it in place when open was broken and now it flops around and will not stay in place when open. I took it out and put it on a shelf in the garage so that it is not a further worry or a bother. Really it might have been the grand kids stomping around getting in or out from the second row that did it. Make sure it is folded away to avoid this bother either way.