GLS Class (X167) Produced 2020 to present

Shopping for a GLS450

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2020 | 11:12 AM

BMW M2 - want AMG GLC43/64
Shopping for a GLS450

My wife has decided that the mini van life is not for her anymore and wants an SUV; We have 3 kids (7,10 and 12) and are looking at the GLS450. She test drove it and love it. There are a ton of options and was wondering what options are a must. I like the idea of the mb-tex interior (maybe spelled wrong) with little kids as it may wear better but wanted some suggestions as to what options I should or shouldn't add. The drivers package requires changing to a full leather interior. I don't want to break the bank but you can option this out quite a bit. Thank you!
Old 02-14-2020 | 03:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Mercedes E350 4matic Wagon, 2018 Fiat 124 Spyder Lusso manual, 2005 Acura TSX manual
Depends on what kind of things you’re looking for. Drivers assistance is really nice, but requires leather and massaging/cooled seats. With kids, the MB-Tex is really nice. Feels nice and is durable. Personally, I would go for the augmented video for navigation (makes the most of the system) and MB-Tex upper dash and door trim (makes the interior feel much more luxurious). Convenience pkg is really nice with 4 zone climate (controls for your kids and extra vents), vented front seats, and shades for the second row. 6 seater version w the captains chairs is nice but I like the 7 seater version with controls to move the seats forward on both sides and controls in the third row too. E-ABC and upgraded audio are probably not worth it Imo. Heated second row could be nice if you live in cold weather. I like the HUD. I also would upgrade to 20 inch wheels personally, just for the look.
Old 02-14-2020 | 11:43 PM

2020 GLS450, 2022 SL55 AMG, 2022 C300
Originally Posted by robrose20
My wife has decided that the mini van life is not for her anymore and wants an SUV; We have 3 kids (7,10 and 12) and are looking at the GLS450. She test drove it and love it. There are a ton of options and was wondering what options are a must. I like the idea of the mb-tex interior (maybe spelled wrong) with little kids as it may wear better but wanted some suggestions as to what options I should or shouldn't add. The drivers package requires changing to a full leather interior. I don't want to break the bank but you can option this out quite a bit. Thank you!
Are you looking for a brand new 2020 model?
Don't waste your money on Driver Assist pack. This model comes standard with Blind Spot Assist and Active Brakes. Just make sure to add Active Lane Assist as Standalone option.