GLS Class (X167) Produced 2020 to present

Side bolsters

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2020, 03:36 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Too many to count
Side bolsters

I just got a new 2020 GLS 450 with the active multicontour seats. I have also have an S class with active multicontour seats. In the S class, when you go around a curve, the side bolsters in the seats turn as you turn to keep you centered in the seat. The GLS also has active side bolsters, and I have played around with the settings to get different levels of movement/tightness, but when going around a corner it does not turn like in the S class. How do I turn that feature on?

Thanks
Old 02-25-2020, 06:45 PM

Received 68 Likes on 47 Posts
'20 GLS580, '18 S560
Originally Posted by Senatov
I just got a new 2020 GLS 450 with the active multicontour seats. I have also have an S class with active multicontour seats. In the S class, when you go around a curve, the side bolsters in the seats turn as you turn to keep you centered in the seat. The GLS also has active side bolsters, and I have played around with the settings to get different levels of movement/tightness, but when going around a corner it does not turn like in the S class. How do I turn that feature on?

Thanks
I was wondering the same thing myself. I just took the delivery of GLS580. and for the life of me, I couldn't figure the active side bolster out myself either...
Old 02-25-2020, 09:14 PM

Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts
Awaiting a 2021 GLS580
I wasn’t able to find anything in the owners manual or dealer order guide for the 2020 GLS that suggested it has “active side bolsters.” Just some stuff about them being adjustable and auto inflating as part of the pre-safe feature.