GLS Class (X167) Produced 2020 to present

GLS 580

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2020, 08:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLS580
GLS 580

Good morning. My boss is pre-ordering a GLS580 W4 in White Metallic and Beige Interior 2021. Would like to see if you know of any dealers who can give a percentage off of the MSRP and military discount?
Thank you so much for your help!
Old 12-09-2020, 10:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 648 Likes on 403 Posts
2020 GLS450 / 2024 Ford Bronco / (former) W212 4-matic 350 sport package
I’m not sure about the military discount, probably best to call a dealership in general on that one as I strongly suspect it’s a corporate-set discount and not a dealership specific number (who’d want to risk appearing as ripping of a veteran?)

Overall, the average for the 2020’s seemed to range in the 5% to 6% area. As part of that discount is a $500 deduction for various reasons per corporate partnership with MB (like for me via my employer - a large bank), so that might be the military discount you get.

For a special order on a car that isn’t flooded in the market already, I’d guesstimate in the 3% to 4% range. Maybe you can get 6% with the military aspect, but I doubt much more than that if you’re lucky.

Nice of you to do this for your boss! If he’s pulling down a 580, then I’m guessing he is a GC with a notable crew and heavy pipeline. But even still - if he asks for the dry cleaning - then I suggest you demand holiday pay!

if his license plate reads “x-order”, then tell him to knock it off. Lenders like me know that trick! Ha!
Old 12-09-2020, 04:58 PM

Received 105 Likes on 72 Posts
2011 GL 350, P1 Package, HID headlamps, Blind spot assist, Parktronic, Wood steering wheel
Hi Alexandra

For sure we can help you. I'm what city and state are you and your boss located? That's the first place to start...
Old 12-11-2020, 09:34 AM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche Panamera GTS
Originally Posted by Alexandra580
Good morning. My boss is pre-ordering a GLS580 W4 in White Metallic and Beige Interior 2021. Would like to see if you know of any dealers who can give a percentage off of the MSRP and military discount?
Thank you so much for your help!
Wow, I wish my assistant would do research like this for my car purchases! That's amazing!

I received 4% off of the MSRP on my GLS 580. When I purchased mine in August, inventory on the 580 was very low, so there were only a handful of dealers willing to discount any more than $1k. I had to do a nationwide search and ended up getting my car in Texas, even though I live in CT. Even with the transportation costs that I had to pickup, it was worth it to buy out of state. Plus, no dealers within 100 miles had the car I was looking for.

Good luck! Your boss is a lucky guy to have you on his/her team!

Old 12-11-2020, 01:34 PM

Received 105 Likes on 72 Posts
2011 GL 350, P1 Package, HID headlamps, Blind spot assist, Parktronic, Wood steering wheel
Alexandra may be gone now, and if her boss can afford an assistant to procure and negotiate for a GLS580, they probably aren't too worried about a percentage point or two of discount - but my experience is I was able to negotiate a 6% discount off of MSRP for my custom-ordered GLS580, and you can get an additional $500 factory incentive by joining the Mercedes of America Club. USAA recently canceled their military discount program which was previously another way to get $500 of factory cash for the GLS. I am not aware of any other factory discounts for retired military, and any dealer discount for veterans is really the same thing as negotiating. My experience is that higher volume dealers have more custom build allocations and may be more likely to discount. Plus the usual car-buying tactics apply - the end of the month is best for negotiating, you can usually get a better deal on a vehicle on-lot than on a custom order, you can search on the MBUSA website for inventory across the whole country to see if you can find one close enough to what you want already built so you don't have to custom order, and never ever tell the rep you are going to pay cash as they make more money if you finance your purchase. I hope this helps. I don't know where in the country Alexandra is, but I'm happy to share the contact info for me sales rep here in the San Francisco area who gave me 6% off - why wouldn't he do it again...

You can also save money on the factory extended warranty by purchasing it from one of several people at mostly midwestern mercedes dealerships mentioned in this forum - you don't need to buy it from your home dealer. I was quoted $4,200 from one of these folks for the 7 year 100,000 mile factory extended warranty for my 2021 GLS580, which I expect will be on the order of $1,000 cheaper than my local dealer would want to sell it to me for.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by ddruker; 12-11-2020 at 01:37 PM.
The following users liked this post:
hyperion667 (12-11-2020)