Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2021, 11:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLS 400d
UK GLS X167 Owners

Hi an appeal to any UK owners of 400d GLS’s
I have a 2020 Premium Plus model
I was expecting to have gesture control as standard- but it is missing- I have a sunglasses holder in its place.
Does anyone here in the UK have it or conversely have the sunglasses holder instead?
The dealers seem to be unaware if it should be fitted or not (GLS is a rare beast here)
The brochure seems to indicate it is standard on all trim levels here.
In addition, I don’t think any vehicles come with a spare wheel.
I have asked the dealer - apparently they cannot source one.. There are several versions of spares in the manual, including collapsible and space saver.
If I had an irreparable puncture I would imagine it would take several days to source the huge tyres fitted to the 22” rims I have.
Thanks
Old 04-02-2021, 12:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
mb gls 550
If you have the high end burmeister sound, the subwoofer takes place of the spare tire and upgraded front speaker wont allow for the gesture control.
Old 04-02-2021, 02:20 PM

Received 171 Likes on 121 Posts
a
If he has the sunglasses holder then he doesn't have burmester.

Looking at the UK website it shows Tire Fit as standard which means there is no spare tire. I also don't see any mention of Gesture Control.

Last edited by darlop; 04-02-2021 at 02:35 PM.
Old 04-02-2021, 06:28 PM

GLS 400d

UK vehicles are all AMG styled. No high end Burmester sound system available. I’ve uploaded a page from the July 2019 brochure which list Interior Assistant as standard on all trim levels. I am particularly interested if fellow UK owners have the interior assistant or a sunglasses holder. I have an unusual extra in having the off-road engineering package. Perhaps that’s why interior assistant is not fitted in my vehicle although I am flummoxed as to why that would be the case.
I’d be very interested in hearing from anyone in the UK?
Thanks
Old 04-28-2021, 11:50 AM

GLS 400d
Im from the UK and have a GLS400d, Premium Plus Executive, no gesture control and mine has a sunglasses holder too. Just joined this forum so i may post separately about my car as my journey to own one has been difficult, im now on my second x167 GLS (long story!) and after 6 months, 5 issues (4 still outstanding) and a total of 2 trips to the dealer, its going back next week for more repairs. Great car...when it works as it should!