GLS Class (X167) Produced 2020 to present

Gls driving assistance package plus

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2021, 01:03 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
bmw x3
Gls driving assistance package plus

Folks - I am working on a build for 2022 Gls 450 and I would like to know if the features given in driving assistance package plus are really practical and would be useful or not. I have noticed gls has many features are standard and really wondering if features given in driving assistance package plus are really practical or not and if I should take this package. Please advise.
Old 09-05-2021, 03:56 PM

Received 173 Likes on 110 Posts
C450, GLS 63 and a few other things
You might get more responses in the non-AMG GLS forum (where your other post/questions is) as it has more traffic.

The Dirver's Assistance Package is going to depend heavily on how/where you drive and how you would use it. I find it excellent. The ability to set the cruise and have it keep to that speed while braking for other cars works great. The lane keeping assist is also excellent as it will steer for you. It is not a replacement for you driving (and if it doesn't detect your hands on the wheel regularly it will alert you and then shut off and bring the car to a stop...so no back seat riding or sleeping), but it makes things very easy, and a relaxing drive. If you are in stop and go traffic (where I live is common) those two features combined will basically drive for you. (Again, I caution the driver is responsible and this isn't a substitute for paying attention...but it does work well) I love it and wouldn't buy the car without it. Others don't care or don't use such systems and might not miss it.

Some of the items in the package are not as useful to me (I don't want my cruise control/distronic to automatically adjust to the speed limit) and some are the ones that you hope to never use, but I'll be glad to have them if I ever do need them (tings like emergency braking, active blind spot assist, and evasive steering assist). Hard to put a price on those since you hope to never need them, but they are good additions to the main focus for me which is the distronic/active steering.