GLS Class (X167) Produced 2020 to present

450 21 internet offline issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2021, 05:20 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
GLS 450 2021
450 21 internet offline issues

Has anyone experienced your internet showing offline? I have about 4K miles and all of the sudden I’m having it show the status as offline. A couple times while watching the status it has flipped to online for 2-3 secs. It’s not a signal issue from T-Mobile and my monthly subscription is active. It looks like I have to bring it into the dealer….
Old 10-09-2021, 07:36 PM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
2018 S560; 2021 GLS450
I just noticed the same. It was working until about 2 hours ago, and it flipped and nothing works now. Just checked the T-mobile account as well, which is showing current, and also showing the vehicle offline... I am not sure this was an issue before today, as it is the wife's car, and I do not think she would notice. Every now and then, with Verizon, the same happens to my MY18 S560, and resolves itself over time. Let's see if it is one of those issues or something more serious...

Has yours resolved?
P.S. I have the same screenshot...

Last edited by salamigs; 10-09-2021 at 07:39 PM.
Old 10-09-2021, 08:32 PM

GLS 450 2021
I made a service appointment for Tuesday and of course no loaner cars for a week so I’m stuck sharing with my wife. My concern is that the local service dealers are clueless when it comes to any of the electronics with these new models.

it is interesting that you are experiencing the same issue. Mine just started Friday when my kids were complaining no WiFi. I’ve had past issues with T-Mobile because they said I went over the free data cap and they had to manually override but that’s not the case with this latest offline issue.

It’s frustrating with such an expensive car no one knows much with the screens or electronics. At least when it comes to service and even sales people at the dealerships.

Old 10-10-2021, 01:29 PM

2018 S560; 2021 GLS450
The service was restored within an hour and a half of me writing my previous response. All seems to be good now, and I assume this was a glitch, or outage in their services. All services are back to being functional now.

Have you had a chance to try after having the car sit locked and in stand by mode for half an hour or more? May be you are having a different problem than ours, may be it is similar, I would not be able to tell. T-mobile otherwise has been relatively reliable so far.

I do however, agree with your statement. On my S560, when LiveTraffic subscription expired, and I looked for some help from many dealers and service folks, the best answer they could give me was that I have to subscribe to Sirius services to get it back, which is unfortunately not even remotely close, so I gave up. And am using Waze through Apple CarPlay for important navigation needs. Which leads me to say the CarPlay interface on the MY21 GLS450 is much better than the one on my MY18 S560 (which is expected).

I hope this helped.
Old 10-10-2021, 02:37 PM

GLS 450 2021
I tried today and it’s back online. It’s shocking that what appears to be a global outage they don’t bother to send any type of communication. Even the dealer service manager was clueless yesterday afternoon when I mentioned it.

I assume people like us only realize it was out if they try to use WiFi or meconnect from inside the car. Just shocking more people don’t complain but who would we complain? I see no accountability from my perspective even with a $90k car!

Thanks for relying as it felt better knowing it wasn’t isolated to me or the electronics no one knows about.
Old 10-10-2021, 05:12 PM

2018 S560; 2021 GLS450
Originally Posted by Mercedesfla007
I tried today and it’s back online. It’s shocking that what appears to be a global outage they don’t bother to send any type of communication. Even the dealer service manager was clueless yesterday afternoon when I mentioned it.

I assume people like us only realize it was out if they try to use WiFi or meconnect from inside the car. Just shocking more people don’t complain but who would we complain? I see no accountability from my perspective even with a $90k car!

Thanks for relying as it felt better knowing it wasn’t isolated to me or the electronics no one knows about.
I totally understand the frustration, but keep in mind that it is impossible for all computers to be working in unison across the plant or the nation for that matter. There will be incidents like this, sometimes more globally affecting (potentially like this one) or sometimes more isolated. It is frustrating because we all like items that 'just work'. What I find useful in these circumstances is to see what I can debug, and if I am stuck I would call not the dealer or service but the Connect guys. Because if you believe it is isolated to you, the connect guys can easily do a remote reset on the comms module. I needed that on my S560 twice overall my 3.5 years of ownership, and every other time (which was only a few other cases), I was able to get to the bottom of this myself. Otherwise it would be a time sink and some frustration if you need to go the service/dealer route. Of course it keeps reoccurring, then the service route is the best. These things will happen (even in $150K cars, as evinced through mine), but don't let them take the fun away. Happy and safe driving.
The following users liked this post:
wyatt88 (10-11-2021)
Old 07-04-2022, 01:36 AM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
2009 GL450
Sorry wrong thread.

Last edited by Prince Somorin; 07-08-2022 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Sorry wrong thread.
Old 07-08-2022, 08:36 AM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Formally: 2002 ML 270cdi, 2012 GL 350 cdi. Current: 2020 GLS 400d
Does anyone know where the LTE module is located ?

Also does it have a physical SIM card or is it e-Sim based?