Active Body Control rear shocker issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2022, 07:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
GLS 450
Active Body Control rear shocker issue

Hello All,

I bought GLS450 with e active body control in Jan 2022, and started observing screeching sound coming from rear after about a month. Initially i ignored as it was very little as heard inside the cabin. However one day windows were open and heard it very loud.

Reported to dealer and they put the ears on the car and drove it to find out where the noise is coming. They said they suspect it is coming from rear shockers. They also said that they could test those shockers are not working. I doubt that. I think they were working for sure else I would have had a bumpy ride. However not sure if the active control component is the one which was not working. Currently they are waiting for parts to arrive to swap and test the rear shockers.

Anyone else had same issue?
Old 03-28-2023, 03:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Durango
Originally Posted by timmahla
Hello All,

I bought GLS450 with e active body control in Jan 2022, and started observing screeching sound coming from rear after about a month. Initially i ignored as it was very little as heard inside the cabin. However one day windows were open and heard it very loud.

Reported to dealer and they put the ears on the car and drove it to find out where the noise is coming. They said they suspect it is coming from rear shockers. They also said that they could test those shockers are not working. I doubt that. I think they were working for sure else I would have had a bumpy ride. However not sure if the active control component is the one which was not working. Currently they are waiting for parts to arrive to swap and test the rear shockers.

Anyone else had same issue?
Old thread, but I recently had the same issue with my 2021 GLS 580 w/E-ABC. Sound seems to be coming from the right rear shock which also feels softer when driving over speed bumps or potholes. My local dealer first said there’s nothing wrong with the car, I had to go drive it with them to demonstrate the sound.

Yesterday got a call from them saying the are still waiting for advice from Mercedes in how to proceed. They have now had my GLS for more than a week, and the only concrete thing they’ve been able to tell me is that in addition to the sound, there’s a fault code present. Unbelievable how slow they are.

Did replacing the shocks fix the issue in your case, or did it end up being something else?