GLS Class (X167) Produced 2020 to present

CarPlay Wireless adapter review - Ottacast U2-AIR.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2022, 01:53 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
GLS
CarPlay Wireless adapter review - Ottacast U2-AIR.

After going through the online reviews about the lag and delays, I was not sure about getting the wireless adapter. There was an excellent deal of $40 for the Ottacast U2-AIR and I picked it up.

So far, I have used it for two days and I'm happy with it. I'm using it with iPhone 12 and it connects almost as soon as the MBUX is up, even before I can pull the car out of the garage. The steering button for Siri and HUD navigation display works without any problem. I didn't notice any delay in launching apps or response to Siri commands. I did notice a very slight delay in music stopping after hitting the pause but not sure if it's with the phone as the UI did show paused instantly.

The device is very compact and fits well in the gap between cupholders without taking any extra space.

Wirelss adapter nicely placed in cupholder
Old 08-14-2022, 12:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gls450
Originally Posted by muadi
After going through the online reviews about the lag and delays, I was not sure about getting the wireless adapter. There was an excellent deal of $40 for the Ottacast U2-AIR and I picked it up.

So far, I have used it for two days and I'm happy with it. I'm using it with iPhone 12 and it connects almost as soon as the MBUX is up, even before I can pull the car out of the garage. The steering button for Siri and HUD navigation display works without any problem. I didn't notice any delay in launching apps or response to Siri commands. I did notice a very slight delay in music stopping after hitting the pause but not sure if it's with the phone as the UI did show paused instantly.

The device is very compact and fits well in the gap between cupholders without taking any extra space.

Wirelss adapter nicely placed in cupholder
$40 sounds like a good deal. Where did you get it from? I found it on Amazon for $80 after coupons. Do you have coupon code to share? Thanks
Old 08-14-2022, 08:08 AM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
GLS450
Battery?

Originally Posted by muadi
So far, I have used it for two days and I'm happy with it. I'm using it with iPhone 12 and it connects almost as soon as the MBUX is up,
How is battery life on the iphone when connected?
Old 08-14-2022, 11:27 AM

GLS
Originally Posted by rickyli2468
$40 sounds like a good deal. Where did you get it from? I found it on Amazon for $80 after coupons. Do you have coupon code to share? Thanks
No coupons. There was lightning deal on Amazon for short time. Add it to your wish list and the Amazon app will notify you on deals.
Old 08-14-2022, 11:28 AM

GLS
Originally Posted by jhhj
How is battery life on the iphone when connected?
I didn’t notice much difference. But I do plug the phone in on long drive.