Parking break operation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2022, 02:41 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
GLS
Parking break operation

Hi,

I tried to find this in the user manual but I'm still unclear on the parking break operation. Does it automatically engaged and disengaged or is there any manual efforts required? If it is fully automation then why is there a park button?

Thanks

-Rahul.
Old 09-09-2022, 03:12 PM

Received 173 Likes on 110 Posts
C450, GLS 63 and a few other things
The manual is actually pretty detailed on the exact conditions it is automatically set and released, but in normal operation, the parking brake will automatically engage and disengage. There will be some abnormal cases where you might need to manually release the brake. For instance, if it turns itself on because you've opened the door (perhaps to check how close you are to a curb or to grab something and then you still want to move the vehicle you might need to manually release the brake. It's not common, but it could happen.

I believe if you pull and hold it while driving, it should use the parking brake as an emergency brake should you need it. I've never tested that feature but its in the manual and is another reason for the manual activation/deactivation.
Old 09-09-2022, 05:51 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
GLS
Originally Posted by z28lt1
The manual is actually pretty detailed on the exact conditions it is automatically set and released,
Thank you! It was bit confusing the me and this is very helpful. I feel there should be simpler version of the owners manual. .