GLS Class (X167) Produced 2020 to present

Head-Up Display border visable

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2023, 12:25 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
GLS580 / CLS450
Originally Posted by wildta
I found this but I'm traveling and can't see if we have a similar hidden functionality:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...ml#post7792584
That's it, a lot of the steps to enter the menu are the same or similar, can't verify right now if those exact steps work. He called it the maintenance menu, so maybe Google that as well or verify these steps when you have time on a 167.
Old 12-18-2023, 01:01 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
22 GLS 450 19 CLS 450
FYI I can verify that all the steps to get to the menu in this video work. I can also confirm there is a vast HUD menu in there I will be playing with shortly to see if I can get my HUD finally configured to a usable size.

Thanks to the OP for carving out a thread for this. My HUD has been driving me insane for over a month, this should get it fixed up so I can have a size I am used to an full opacity.

The following 2 users liked this post by mike7513:
Splaktar (01-10-2024), wildta (12-18-2023)
Old 12-18-2023, 02:22 PM

GLS580 / CLS450
Originally Posted by mike7513
FYI I can verify that all the steps to get to the menu in this video work. I can also confirm there is a vast HUD menu in there I will be playing with shortly to see if I can get my HUD finally configured to a usable size.

Thanks to the OP for carving out a thread for this. My HUD has been driving me insane for over a month, this should get it fixed up so I can have a size I am used to an full opacity.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/oqwUyqpCBTU
The only thing I found useful was the leveling function, other than that I didn't see a lot you could do. Let me know if you find anything worthwhile. I don't think opacity can be controlled from it
Old 12-18-2023, 02:31 PM

22 GLS 450 19 CLS 450
Originally Posted by RyGLS
The only thing I found useful was the leveling function, other than that I didn't see a lot you could do. Let me know if you find anything worthwhile. I don't think opacity can be controlled from it
I don't think you are in the actual workshop hud menu but rather the regular one that is already present that doesn't really do ****.

The actual HUD workshop menu lets you change tilt, horizontal size, vertical size, skew, rotate, banana, trapezoid, etc etc etc.

I did not find an opacity setting but I was able to remove the box the original post started off this discussion with by tilting it so it was absorbed by the windshield. I also made the entire thing a lot smaller horizontally and vertically so I could reactivate the other two panes without them covering up the entire roadway
The following users liked this post:
Splaktar (01-10-2024)
Old 12-18-2023, 02:53 PM

GLS580 / CLS450
I don't think you are in the actual workshop hud menu but rather the regular one that is already present that doesn't really do ****.

The actual HUD workshop menu lets you change tilt, horizontal size, vertical size, skew, rotate, banana, trapezoid, etc etc etc.

I did not find an opacity setting but I was able to remove the box the original post started off this discussion with by tilting it so it was absorbed by the windshield. I also made the entire thing a lot smaller horizontally and vertically so I could reactivate the other two panes without them covering up the entire roadway
I was in that same menu, maybe I just didn't play with it enough. I saw that I could skew the image but I didn't really think that would do anything. I'm actually the original poster for this thread, so if you have time to tell me what menu items you used to "tilt" the HUD so that the ghost box disappears, that we be awesome. I didn't see the options to change the size either, so I must have missed a lot when I was in there. I'm pretty sure there's a larger issue with my ghost box since it is not a solid gradient throughout, but if tilting it can get rid of it completely, then it won't matter. When I originally said you could tilt the HUD, I just meant you could rotate the box up or down a few degrees. I'm assuming when you use the word "tilt", you are referring to moving the top/bottom of the image forward/backward, which I can see eliminating a lot of the light that produces the ghost box. Thanks for your time to confirm the instructions to get into the menu.
Old 12-18-2023, 03:09 PM

22 GLS 450 19 CLS 450
You are definitely missing a lot. There were so many adjustments I'm not sure I even got through them all. You are correct I just used the word tilt, it's not called that and I am responding to this away from the car and I won't be back to it for some time. But I didn't use the grid, I used the HUD image and then started adjusting it off of that. The second or third adjustment is vertical, the next is horizontal and then from there you can get into all the skewing and bananaing and trapezoiding. Just keep going down. I think the cruical part you missed though was not using the test image of the display but rather of the grid. If you still can't get it I'll provide a step by step in a few hours when I go back to the car
Splaktar (01-10-2024)
Old 12-18-2023, 03:14 PM

GLS580 / CLS450
You are definitely missing a lot. There were so many adjustments I'm not sure I even got through them all. You are correct I just used the word tilt, it's not called that and I am responding to this away from the car and I won't be back to it for some time. But I didn't use the grid, I used the HUD image and then started adjusting it off of that. The second or third adjustment is vertical, the next is horizontal and then from there you can get into all the skewing and bananaing and trapezoiding. Just keep going down. I think the cruical part you missed though was not using the test image of the display but rather of the grid. If you still can't get it I'll provide a step by step in a few hours when I go back to the car
Okay, I think I understand. I didn't know the image could be adjusted, all I saw was grids, etc... and that didn't look like I could do much with it. I'll start at the image this time, I just didn't realize there was anything I could do other than look at it. I'll try it later today and if I'm still lost I'll ask for help and hope you have time to do so. Thanks!
Old 12-19-2023, 06:15 PM

22 GLS 450 19 CLS 450
Were you able to get further into the menu to get it adjusted to your liking? And just an FYI I know I can't see what you see but I am pretty confident that after messing with this extensively your issue is related to the image throw and not a problem with your car. With some patience I think you can get this adjusted to your liking. I was ready to give up on this, I posted several times in another thread about this and now mine is just the way I expected it to be the day I took delivery of the car.
Splaktar (01-10-2024)
Old 12-19-2023, 06:29 PM

GLS580 / CLS450
Were you able to get further into the menu to get it adjusted to your liking? And just an FYI I know I can't see what you see but I am pretty confident that after messing with this extensively your issue is related to the image throw and not a problem with your car. With some patience I think you can get this adjusted to your liking. I was ready to give up on this, I posted several times in another thread about this and now mine is just the way I expected it to be the day I took delivery of the car.
I haven't tried yet ... holidays keeping me too damn busy. That's awesome to hear, I hope you're correct. I've got some experience with projectors and I've never seen an image throw create the issue I have, but I'm definitely going to give it a try if you think the menu is that robust. I'll post results after I play with it again. Thanks for the follow up.
Old 12-19-2023, 06:32 PM

22 GLS 450 19 CLS 450
I hear that. Let me ask you something, do you happen to have the acoustic comfort package? Or more directly, do you have the pink windshield? Because I do and I think that is part of the problem. They probably roll these out all the same but don't compensate for the difference in the glass it's projecting onto.

I hope you get it fixed up, keep us posted on how you make out.
Splaktar (01-10-2024)
Old 01-10-2024, 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 612 Likes on 452 Posts
MB

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/oqwUyqpCBTU
Thanks again for posting this. Finally got around to testing this to see if it could fix my tilted screen but I did not see any options to fix my tilt issue. There was a warp setting, parameter setting, and test picture options. Warp setting had 7 options and they all looked the same to me. The parameter setting didn't seem to do anything at all with no options to choose from while you're in it. Fiddled around with some buttons while in the parameters area but nothing changed.

UPDATE: I went back to the WORKSHOP menu and this time there were adjustments within the PARAMETER section of the menu with tons of fine tuning of the HUD.
. My narration is directed towards my service advisor since I didn't really discover the solution without all of your help here. 🙌🏽

Last edited by wildta; 01-16-2024 at 10:07 PM.