GLS Class (X167) Produced 2020 to present

GLS 63 AMG Amp + subwoofer install (aftermarket)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2024, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk 500 , GLS 63 AMG x166
GLS 63 AMG Amp + subwoofer install (aftermarket)

If you found this them im sure you've searched everywhere to figure out how to put a sub in a GLS or GL Mercedes. This is my first post so bear with me.....
I will have a youtube link attached showing quick video on how i was able to connect a line out converter, an amplifier and 5 farad capacitor.

Are you crazy enough to put an aftermarket sub in your $100k Benz? I got you covered! lol

The battery is located under the passenger side front seat. Thats where your going to get power. Thats straight forward. The tricky part is the amp. The factory amp is under the driver side seat... i mean really under there.
You will have to removed the seat to access the factory amp to get signal to the line out converter. From there you will see green with black strip (+) and solid green (-). this is rear mid range speakers. this will give you the best signal for line out converter. after running the speaker wire to the trunk it is just like any other system. I attached the left and right speaker wire to the line out converter. Attached power and ground to line out converter amp and capacitor. The Line out converter is an LC2I pro which provides a signal remote wire to turn on the amp.

This is a X166. My bad! still should be about the same!
Hope This helps a little. Let me know!

GLS 63 AMG

Last edited by Benz666$; 01-05-2024 at 03:08 PM.