GLS Class (X167) Produced 2020 to present

Bought a CPO GLS 580 but MBUSA does not show it as CPO

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2024, 07:31 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
GLS 580 2020
Bought a CPO GLS 580 but MBUSA does not show it as CPO

Last month I bought a CPO 2020 GLS 580 with almost 70K miles from an MB dealer in TX. It's loaded with options and looks like it's been well maintained. When I called MBUSA to check on the warranty, they couldn't find the new CPO contract from my date of purchase. They only found the previous owner who purchased it a couple of years back as CPO as well. It showed that the old warranty was cancelled as they traded it in at the MB dealer. So I called my dealer who swore that the car is 100% CPO, they provided me with the CPO certification and service order they did for the car. I have a stack of paperwork indicating the car was advertised and sold as CPO. It's been going on 2 weeks and the dealer is asking me to be patient and that they opened a ticket last week with MBUSA / VMI to rectify the issue. They're telling me that they followed every procedure in the dealership and marked the car as CPO when it was sold, etc. They're claiming it's a glitch in MBUSA's system possibly because it previously had a CPO contract. The VMI shows the certification work that was done before I bought it, just not the CPO warranty. I've been patient and I don't have a reason to believe that the dealer is being under handed, I'm just getting concerned now that maybe there is some other issue going on. Should I remain patient or should I involve an attorney? I would have never purchased this car with the mileage had it not been CPO. Thank you for any advice you may have.
Old 06-10-2024, 02:15 PM
SPONSOR

Received 240 Likes on 185 Posts
2001 E55AMG
If this is the same dealerships you purchased the vehicle through, that you would take the vehicle to perform such CPO work, I'd be comfortable. If in the future they turn around and deny you CPO work, then yes I'd contact an attorney then, but not now.

Trenton O. Gibson
tgibson@highline-autos.com
Highline Autos
Direct: 602.909.9216
Office: 480.348.0777
Old 06-10-2024, 10:52 PM

GLS 580 2020
Thank you for the advice. I live in a different city and this dealer is about 200 miles from me. There are 3 dealers within 25 miles of where I live which is why I'm pushing for the CPO as they would be my choice for repairs. I noticed this dealer mistakenly over-reported the mileage by 8000 miles when I brought it in for a minor revision a few days after I bought it. That now puts it over the 75K according to the VMI which is making me think that could be the reason the CPO hasn't been issued. In any case, I spoke with the dealer to fix the mileage today and everyone is in the loop of what's going on with the CPO (or lack of) including their GM. They said that they escalated this to the MB regional manager or director and are asking me to be patient to give him a little time to solve it. I don't need any work done on it, but just makes me uneasy in case my wife needs to call roadside assistance or we actually have a problem with the car and we need service. I'll give it until next week and hopefully it will all get resolved. I still think everyone is working in good faith and it's probably a glitch somewhere. Thanks again
Old 06-11-2024, 12:41 AM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts
'06 E55
Make sure you run a Carfax as it might show up there as a mileage discrepency and a much bigger headache to deal with.
The following 2 users liked this post by Faast:
Dynamicpulse (06-11-2024), EWL5 (06-11-2024)
Old 06-11-2024, 10:24 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2024 GLS580 / 2017 E300 / 2014 ML350
We went through a similar mileage discrepancy with one of our prior cars. It can result in a “not actual mileage” title warning, carfax flag, and causes a big value deprecation even if it's fixed. If they get it fixed, the flag goes away, but the fact that the flag was once there doesn't. At least that was our experience.

Personally, my patience would be running low and I would start asking questions about the process for them to buy the car back. It might light a fire under their rears to get this quickly resolved. Good luck!
The following users liked this post:
Daromo (06-12-2024)
Old 06-12-2024, 09:01 AM

Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts
2015 MB S550 & 2020 MB GLS 450
While I know the situation is frustrating, the dealer has a huge incentive to get this worked out. Otherwise, they will be in trouble with both MB and the law, offering and issuing what could be invalid CPO warranties & documents.
Old 06-27-2024, 04:37 PM

GLS 580 2020
It's finally resolved! The issue seemed to be a glitch with MBUSA that couldn't cancel the prior CPO contract that was issued to the previous owner. Once they cancelled the previous CPO, our new CPO contract showed up. The dealer was very diligent in making sure this was resolved. It did take a month and a half, but glad it all worked out at the end.
The following 4 users liked this post by ACinTX:
bancroftdg (06-30-2024), Dynamicpulse (06-28-2024), EWL5 (06-27-2024), TNS550 (06-28-2024)