Active Parking Assist & PARKTRONIC Inoperative

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2024, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLS450
Active Parking Assist & PARKTRONIC Inoperative

Hello New here to the group.

I've recently purchased 2024 GLS450 and when slowing down to a red light or stopped at red light warning goes off. I feel like this led to other issues to stop working such as Active Streering Assist, 2 yellow cars with exclamation, etc.. Lastly, when backing out cross traffic warning didn't seem to work as I've almost hit a passing car. I've took it to dealers 3 times now and all they've done is updated the software. I feel like after the update some functions are better now, but the warning is still going off and 2 yellow cars with exclamation etc.
Also, when it was new if my kids sit in the rear seat there was red seats indicator on the dash board showing person was occupying the seat but didn't buckle their seat belt but now that stays gray with a person occupying the seat and when buckled turns green. Dealer said it's normal to stay gray and when the car moves it will turn red which I don't think this is the case. I feel paying $100K for a new car and having all this issues with less than 1,000 miles and sat in dealers longer than our garage is a disappointment. Considering lemoning the car if this continues, has anyone had these issues? I would really appreciate your input to resolve this as my wife loves the car, but not too sure when things don't work well as a $30K car.

Displaying Active Parking Assist and PARKTRONIC Inoperative

Active Steering Assist Inoperative & Seat Belt when occupant is present

2 Yellow cars with Exclamation

Sets off loud warnings and later will display Displaying Active Parking Assist and PARKTRONIC Inoperative
Old 08-13-2024, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,634 Likes on 1,204 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
It sounds like another trip to the dealer is required. (I suspect a sensor.)

Good job of documenting your problems. Did you show that to the dealer before?
Old 08-13-2024, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLS450
Originally Posted by mikapen
It sounds like another trip to the dealer is required. (I suspect a sensor.)

Good job of documenting your problems. Did you show that to the dealer before?
I did. They said they updated software and seemed ok, but I guess couple more times to the dealer might do it?
Old 08-13-2024, 10:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 724 Likes on 538 Posts
GLE 580
If it doesn't get resolved, just continue to take it in until they do resolve it. If they can't resolve it after a reasonable amount of time and attempts then you can begin the lemon process.