GLS Class (X167) Produced 2020 to present

Gls580 2nd row seat comfort

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:20 AM

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
21 G63, 21 GLS580, 16 GTS Ed. 1
Gls580 2nd row seat comfort

Hi everyone, I have a 2020 gls580 with the executive rear seat options. I never sat in the back ever until yesterday when my daughter was talking to my wife about how her butt hurts on drives from LA to Vegas. I thought she was kidding until yesterday when I jumped into the 2nd row seats. The seat bottoms are hard like a park bench. This is my 4th gls and I never remember the 2nd row to be uncomfortable. Does anyone else have this problem?
Old Yesterday, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 755 Likes on 488 Posts
Current/Last 5-years: GLS,X5,Tesla,Accord; Sold:S560;S550,2x X7; X5;BMW 530e;Lincoln Navigator;LS460
Do they have massage seats in the back?
I think I said that before... Massage seats in the benz are the worst I have ever seen in any brand. First, they make cooling function restricted due to the design of the air bladder, 2nd they add a ton of plastic bladders that also makes seats too stiff.. I was shopping for a GLS and I drove a few already back to back with different options. Massage bladders made the seats more stiff (and reduced air circulation for cooling mode).. Honestly, I'd still take rear executive seats if I found one that has all options I wanted but has massage seats (It's not something that would cause me to pass on a car) but surely not an option that I'd pay money to get or exclusively search for either for front or rear seats. Honestly I'd prefer to not have it, but I wouldn't mind it if I found (the one) with that option. Regular seats without massage are noticeable more comfortable, and cooling is much much much more effective.

In summary: what you observed is normal. Massage seats are too stiff, and cooling function sucks .

Last edited by S_W222; Yesterday at 11:46 AM.