Interior Parts The archived forum for Mercedes interior parts for sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

W140 Warning Triangle Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 10:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02 S55
W140 Warning Triangle Kit

Ever since Mercedes starting putting liners on the trunk lids, which I think began with the W140 series, it's been hard to get a warning triangle mounted. Here's a turn-key solution to this problem. A bona-fide trunk lid lining from a euro-spec W140 (it was new when I got it), plus an excellent condition warning triangle, and the latch to hold everything in place.

You just remove your current trunk lining, and snap this one in place. Then insert the latch into the already existing holes in the trunk lid which will be seen through the cutout in the lining. I just snaps into place. Then set the triangle in place and latch it home.

You'll probably need to adjust the springs for the lid hinges one notch tighter, but this is easy with the lid open and a pair of locking pliers.

I'm listing this here on the forum before I put it out on eBay. I'd like to get $125 + $35 shipping to the continental US. Shipping costs are high because of the box size necessary to send the trunk lining.

Sold only as a set.

Pictures:

Old 11-07-2009, 08:30 AM

02 S55
Price - $125 + shipping.

Ever since Mercedes starting putting liners on the trunk lids, which I think began with the W140 series, it's been hard to get a warning triangle mounted. Here's a turn-key solution to this problem. A bona-fide trunk lid lining from a euro-spec W140 (it was new when I got it), plus an excellent condition warning triangle, and the latch to hold everything in place.

You just remove your current trunk lining, and snap this one in place. Then insert the latch into the already existing holes in the trunk lid which will be seen through the cutout in the lining. I just snaps into place. Then set the triangle in place and latch it home.

You'll probably need to adjust the springs for the lid hinges one notch tighter, but this is easy with the lid open and a pair of locking pliers.

I'm listing this here on the forum before I put it out on eBay. I'd like to get $125 + shipping to the continental US. Shipping costs are high because of the box size necessary to send the trunk lining.

Sold only as a set.

Pictures:

Old 12-16-2010, 01:27 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Where to start? The Italians or the Germans?
Still available?
Old 12-17-2010, 01:26 PM

02 S55
Sorry - sold about 6 weeks ago. Apologies for failing to update the thread.