Interior Parts The archived forum for Mercedes interior parts for sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Air Blend Motor for Sale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML 270
Air Blend Motor for Sale

Is anyone looking for an Air Blend Motor for the Climate Control of an ML 163? It is new, genuine Mercedes and has never been installed. The Part Number is: 163 820 01 08 and a photo is shown below.
The reason I have it is that the heater on my ML 270 would not work and internet research indicated it was the blend motor. This is a common problem with 163 model Mercedes and the subject of much internet discussion.
The proper way to replace the motor involves removing the upper and lower dash. So as not to have the ML off the road for too long (it’s our only car) I made the decision to have the motor on hand before proceeding.
As it turns out this was a mistake. When I got access to the motor it turned out to be simply an electrical plug issue. Repairing the plug fixed the problem.

The blend motor cost around $250 so if you are interested phone me on: 07 5455 6485 (Australia) and we can discuss a price.
As an aside, removing the dash turned out to be relatively straight forward and I would recommend it rather than going in through the air bag cover as described in many forum and youtube posts. This is the recommended Mercedes method and gives great access to the climate control unit. (I was quoted a starting price of $1,200, plus parts, to do the job professionally).

John S
Attached Thumbnails Air Blend Motor for Sale-dsc_5935.jpg