Interior Parts The archived forum for Mercedes interior parts for sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

05 e320 Sun Visor Light Switch Replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 09:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E320 CDI, 2011 ML350 4Matic
05 e320 Sun Visor Light Switch Replacement

I noticed recently that the light for the drivers side sun visor wouldnt come on when I opened the mirror cover. This is the light in the headliner just above the visor. Checked the bulb and it was ok, checked power on the contacts for visor and it was good. Found out it was the switch inside the visor under the mirror assembly. I think the contacts in the switch get dirty or warn and sometimes the light would come on kind of dim. Called dealer and ordered switch for 3 bucks. I took visor out of the car and carefully pried open the mirror assembly and put in the new switch. It took about 5 minutes tops. I took a few pics for everyone. Oh ya I bought a set of plastic pry tools online (cant remember which site but you can get them everywhere) for about 10 bucks. It makes it safer when prying fragile things. Thought someone might find this useful.
Attached Thumbnails 05 e320 Sun Visor Light Switch Replacement-prypic.jpg   05 e320 Sun Visor Light Switch Replacement-visorswitch.jpg   05 e320 Sun Visor Light Switch Replacement-switchpart-.jpg   05 e320 Sun Visor Light Switch Replacement-toolpic.jpg  

Last edited by jettskiman; 05-29-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
E320CDI, CLK55, and a Smart
Very handy post. Mine is out also.