Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

CLS55 vs Vanquish

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
If you guys don't play nice, quite a few people will get put on probation. You guys know who you are.
Damn...young man is feeling his oats.
Shouldn't these kind of threats be sent via PM's?
Just curious.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Mercedes C-Class
Originally Posted by BklynBenz
Hey dude, I've been always curious about the picture in your sig....who is the dude standing right there? Is that you?
Old 09-13-2005, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by elbimmer
Hey dude, I've been always curious about the picture in your sig....who is the dude standing right there? Is that you?
there is a whole thread I believe already about that guy. Just can't find the link. Its from some movie or TV show I think.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W215 CL600
Originally Posted by Stiggs
there is a whole thread I believe already about that guy. Just can't find the link. Its from some movie or TV show I think.
That would be Sasha Baron Cohen playing the character "Borat", a Kazakhstan TV reporter with a shaky command of English. His show Ali G is hilarious and was first seen on HBO in the US (he was a hit in the UK long before anyone in the US knew of him).

http://www.hbo.com/alig/
Old 09-13-2005, 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Originally Posted by MerzadY_BoY
Ya im 12, and not name calling. How about i act as mature as you, ya yankee! yankee yankee!!!!!!!!
Get back in your car seat !
Old 09-13-2005, 04:49 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I am talking to Merzady Boy right now.

I think that wand has gone to that boys head if you ask me. Just about every thread has ricky saying something like "calm down guys" or "it's wand time" or "presto-chango-threado-locko".

While people are disagreeing on this thread, it's not getting to the suspension level or anything. Please, put the wand down and step away from the internet.
Yeah, it's not like people are telling me about this thread...

Damn...young man is feeling his oats.
Shouldn't these kind of threats be sent via PM's?
Just curious.

Yes they should be, which is why I've 'semi' interjected here.

Guys, Improviz has clearly established that the CLS55 and the VanquishS are very close in terms of performance both in a straight line, as well as around a tight track. In my opinion, the debate is closed. After that, you guys are just posting insults, can we just grow up a bit and keep it stuck to a reasonable debate? It takes a bigger man to hold his tongue.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
OOOOOooooooohhhhhhhh
I predict a 80% chance this thread will be closed.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 E55 AMG
This is HOT! Great thread.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:30 PM

e55211 traded in for CLS55
Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
Guys, Improviz has clearly established that the CLS55 and the VanquishS are very close in terms of performance both in a straight line, as well as around a tight track. In my opinion, the debate is closed. After that, you guys are just posting insults, can we just grow up a bit and keep it stuck to a reasonable debate? It takes a bigger man to hold his tongue.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whatever keys I grab first...
Wait a minute....wait a minute....wait a minute....wait a minute......

Lexani is still around?! When did this happen?!
lol Did you miss me Stiggs? I dont blame you. Well, me, and my "MTV-Driven-son" took a little vacation to Moneterey and well... just haven't been on for awhile. You know how it is.

.... *rereads post*

AHAHAHAHA, in the midst of this intense convo you decide to acknowledge my presence, I am forever thankful.

LEXANI WILL ALWAYS BE AROUND!

Unless ricky bans me, but if I get banned, you will have a riot on you're hands-- I gaurantee it!
Old 09-14-2005, 09:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
Oh well...good to have you back anyways.
This place has been pretty quiet without you.
Geez....I'm semi-happy (the lowest form of somewhat happy) to see Lexani.....what's next, snow in hell?
Old 09-14-2005, 02:30 PM

What a surprise to see so many posts. I was away for a few days. Anyway my friends Vanquish is an 03 so it's the lower powered model since the "S". Cant believe people get so defensive over cars. It's "CAR". Anyway it did get beat and beat bad. Also I did notice the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times of the new Vanquish S and the CLS55 are almost identical so I wouldn't get too hot over the idea of a CLS beating a vanquish, new or old. I'm sure the new model would be a very close race. When you bring the $ in to it of course the CLS55 is more bang for the buck but in many cases the vanquish gets its prestige from not only its performance but it's price and rarity on the road.

Off topic I went with my other friend over the weekend to pick up his F430. Sweet ride. I drove it for 20 min or so and really likes the feel. I didnt get a chance to make a run with my CLS but when I get it back Mon after the Mods I will and keep all posted.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:47 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2001 viper rt-10, 2007 SL65
thanks

Originally Posted by MBAMGPWR
tandan, great taste in cars...I have a 97 GTS.
thanks powerman! i am truly blessed(not just the cars). i hae the combo to do almost anything required. what a coincidence! i made the deal for my sl600 with a dealer in missouri. this is a mb site, so i don't talk about the viper here, but that is strictly a fun car. there is no comparing it to the sl. when i get in that thing, it's like riding a rocket! in the sl, i can kick back and cruise in total comfort. if i get the urge (which i do all the time) i can punch it and have fun. i don't drive the viper without leather driving gloves. i am always totally focused for fear i will make a mistake with all that power under my foot. with the exception of an m5 (that pooped out or missed a gear, i don't know which) nobody has ever wanted to race me when i'm driving that car. (the viper)
Old 09-14-2005, 09:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Oh well...good to have you back anyways.
This place has been pretty quiet without you.
Geez....I'm semi-happy (the lowest form of somewhat happy) to see Lexani.....what's next, snow in hell?
lol, thanks, good to be back. This place does seem sloooooooooooow. And as for snow in hell, not just yet. Something big has to happen-- like Lexani become a mod :p
Old 09-18-2005, 05:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by Lexani
lol, thanks, good to be back. This place does seem sloooooooooooow. And as for snow in hell, not just yet. Something big has to happen-- like Lexani become a mod :p
Then I'll finally get banned like I've always wanted!!
Old 09-18-2005, 06:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Then I'll finally get banned like I've always wanted!!
lol, No, I won't ban you. Ahmed would be my first, than I would systematically ban ever mod and finally somehow convince whoever owns this site to hand it to me. It will be priceless.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 162 Likes on 131 Posts
R129 SL55 AMG & W208 CLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by Lexani
lol, No, I won't ban you. Ahmed would be my first, than I would systematically ban ever mod and finally somehow convince whoever owns this site to hand it to me. It will be priceless.
Mention my name one more time, and I'll stick my **** so far up your sister's rear end.... it will come out of your mouth!
Old 09-21-2005, 05:11 AM

ALPINA B12 5,7 Coupe #22/57
Originally Posted by Improviz
But that aside, the data produced for both cars, and the acceleration data that Aston Martin and Mercedes both publish for these cars on their websites, *clearly* shows that the CLS55 is not only comparable, but superior to the AM in acceleration. Further, the data produced from Top Gear shows than when tested by a professional driver, the CLS55 scored a significantly faster lap time than did the Vanquish, which *also* shows that the handling of the CLS55 is equal to or better than the Vanquish.
This time I actually agree with you.

The CLS is faster than the AM especially if we are talking about the 460 Hp version.

On the 0-200 kph sprint the diff is app 1-1,5 sek in favour of the CLS. This is based on numbers from the Euro press.

The problem with the Top gear times is that they are done in England.
Let me explain why, its cold and its rain a lot, so a lot of the times on Topgears list is made in the wet, mixed wet and dry or on very cold surface. This means it is very difficult to compare directly the times of 2 cars not tested on the same day.

I do not have the info on the condition on the AM or the CLS test.

Not really relevant but the SL55 did beat the 460 Hp AM version on the ring by 5 sec, but was slower by 1 sec on the much smaller Hockeheim.

The condition on those test was more or less simular, fairly cold. Good for engine power on the SL but maybe a bit to cold for max traction.

Personally I belive the AM is one of the most beutifull cars on the planet but way to expensive.

But its much more to this cars than just straigh line speed.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Originally Posted by Ahmed
Mention my name one more time, and I'll stick my **** so far up your sister's rear end.... it will come out of your mouth!
after all that, thats all you can come up with? weak....
Old 09-21-2005, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 162 Likes on 131 Posts
R129 SL55 AMG & W208 CLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by BklynBenz
after all that, thats all you can come up with? weak....
i'm horny!
Old 09-21-2005, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Improviz
Oh, wow, how mature. Just like the rest of your drivel....

Improviz, that stupid paperclip attatchment had me laughing harder than I have in a while. OWNED!
Old 09-21-2005, 05:09 PM

ALPINA B12 5,7 Coupe #22/57
why are you even speaking.. You drive a 2001 CLK. You shouldn't even have privledge to talk to someone that drives an AM. :v
why are you even speaking.. You drive a 2001 CLK. You shouldn't even have privledge to talk to someone that drives an AM.

Those 2 comments went right on top of my "5 most stupide post I have read list."

Well done.

This could come as a total supprise for you but a lot of money and/or a nice car does not necesary equalls brains, taste or skill, just as little as a cheap ugly car indicates no brain, no taste,money or skills.

When you grow up you will hopefully learn that. For you sake I hope that post was just a joke to try and **** someone off, and not your honest opinion.

For the record, I would take the Vanguish over a CLS in a heartbeat, but its no way in hell I would pay that kind of money when I could have M6 for less than a third of the money.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
Just checking in to see if anyone got banned yet? Hmmm....must be a slow night. Come on guys....fight!!!!
Old 09-21-2005, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
There sure is alot of Aston Martin Hating going on in here. Im gonna have to get a sound clip of a Vanquish and shut all the haters up.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:48 PM

2005 SL600, 2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite
Originally Posted by tandan
truth is lovinsl600 is suffering from an all too common mallady. not all that long ago, he loved his sl600. hence the moniker "lovin". he had some problems with his car. the response from mb was not what he felt it should be. he now is no longer a lover of mb's of any kind. the am people,so far, have treated him in a manner he loves. he has now paid a considerable sum for a car he has been waiting for many months. the anticipation is excruciating. with each passing day, the car becomes more beautiful,faster, more agile, etc. how can anybody with a mind compare his masterpiece with a common production car. albeit a 100,000 production car, it is sill an mb, and as such, it is not worthy. lovin, enjoy your am, but know this. when i was a young guy, buying my first car,'62 autin heally mk11, i saw an aston martin in a show room and vowed i would have one. i now can afford a vanquish. lovin, the car you got rid of is my preference.
That was a very diplomatic and tactful review of the history and context, tandan. You are a better person than I am.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CLS55 vs Vanquish