Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Not A Kill; Escaped a Ticket

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2002, 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E500 4matic Wagon
Not A Kill; Escaped a Ticket

O.k., this isn't really a kill, but I have to share. This morning, I drove my 60-mile commute from Western NJ to NYC, but I chose NOT to drive my E430 4Matic. Instead, I drove my beater 1995 Land Rover with 130k miles on it. Now, since I have put every one of those miles on the truck, I probably drive it more aggressively than many SUV drivers, or at least I think so. So, I was in the center lane on the Eastern Spur of the NJ Turnpike, and a new Altima was agressively trying to pass me on the right, which I hate. I sped up to about 80, at which time my truck was done, and he continued to accelerate about 1/2 mile before the unmarked Statie came flying out of the bushes and bagged him for speeding, not giving me and my beater truck doing 75 in a 55 a second glance. Now, had I been in the Benz, I would have doubtless given the Altima a piece of my mind, driven at least a buck, and I would have had the bad day instead!

Sometimes it is nice to sit back and watch someone getting pulled over...
Old 07-13-2002, 12:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Thats why you need a valentine one radar detector. I never leave home without it!!!