Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

What have you lost to?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 01:26 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RBrenton88
No, but omellete this one slide.
That's cool. Can i offer you some nachos perhaps?
Old 10-19-2005, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
I've lost to Z06 & 996TT. And that was when I initiated it.

Having had an AMG for the past 5 years, I can summarize below:

The possibilities are only 3 w/ my W210 E55 as a reference:
- Meet a faster car (latest AMG gen, 996TT, AMV12, Noble, Z06, Vipers, Heavily modded supra, sti, cobra and like or even E39 M5 w/ good driver)
- Meet similar car (E46 M3, E39 M5 w/ avg. driver, C4S, C5)
- Meet slower car (You name it..... regular cars)

Now, if I meet a faster car, the owner is typically car enthusiast (especially the modded one). So they know the chance they're going to win. Of course, w/ only W210 E55, they almost never answer my request for a race. They know they are going to win. So no race most of the time (except the ones I said above).

If I meet similar car, most of them do not answer me also.... but I think it's because these "old" supercars have gone severe depreciation. So regular drivers who mostly show goers could buy them w/o knowing what these cars are capable of. For the ones I've raced with (street... not on drag strip), results are inconclusive as they heavily depend on the driver's skill and condition then. Some time I could beat E46 M3's easily.... some time I had a hard time... some time I lost. On average, I would say I won a bit or we're draw. I even one time walked an E39 M5 easily 3 consecutive races. I didn't conclude E39 M5 was slower (it shouldn't). I concluded it was the driver.

Another example, I could do mid-to-low 13's w/ my E on strip. '02 C4S, at least on paper, should be able to do low 13's.... I could only do low 14's I concluded it was me, not the car.... I just didn't feel connected w/ the clutch and the shift.

If I meet slower car, I rarely answer their requests or they also never request for a race. Raced bunch of Mustang GT's. Easily walk them.

So to answer your question, yes, I've lost w/ my E. Mostly w/ higher-end cars. For cars in the same class, hard to tell as the results are inconclusive due to "random-like" results. Also note that I don't race that "often".
Old 10-19-2005, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Originally Posted by JamE55
That's cool. Can i offer you some nachos perhaps?
I forgot how to use nachos
Old 10-19-2005, 01:46 PM
Out Of Control!

Originally Posted by RBrenton88
I forgot how to use nachos
Of course, w/ only W210 E55, they almost never answer my request for a race.
I have a lowly W210 beater...i'll answer your request. :p
Old 10-19-2005, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Ive lost to a black E46 M3 from 0-140. I wasnt exactly ready for this guy since I didnt think he was gonna race me but he launched anyways. I dont think he was stock though. This was my only E46 M3 loss.

I lost to a blue Z06 on the freeway. Pretty bad. Driver kinda laughed at me before we went at it. I instigated and knew I was gonna lose so its ok.

I lost to a CL55 on the freeway. Just wanted to see how fast it was.

I guess the only real race I've lost is to the Black M3. Id like to race him again though. That dirty f*cker wouldnt even acknowledge that I wanted to race him when we were at the light then he just takes off.

ive beaten, an sti, evo, m3's, a camaro, g35s, 350z. Most of my races are against M3's when I first got my car just because. the E46 M3 was the only car I actually cared about beating or losing to. now i dont look for races anymore because ive beaten the e46 m3 so many times i jsut dont care anymore (honestly).
Old 10-19-2005, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others
Originally Posted by tuscanraider

You guys are truly comical......(Actually I know why most won't post true results. They fear the loss would be posted on the forum of another competitors board)

Those are my true results. If/when I get ahold of an M5 or a new Z06, I'd be happy to post one way or the other. Several 'stangs, C4's, a 911 (not sure of year, but newer), a couple of G35's (a modded one that was FAST), too many other ricers to count, and yes, a couple of Benz's. Obviously the results would be different if my 55 were stock. I'm curious as to why you think these are not true results?
Old 10-19-2005, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by JamE55
I have a lowly W210 beater...i'll answer your request. :p
Shut up James!!!

Don't embarass stock W210 E55.... You should've searched for the ones I call "faster cars" and represent me
Old 10-19-2005, 02:56 PM
Out Of Control!

Originally Posted by zoink
Shut up James!!!

Don't embarass stock W210 E55.... You should've searched for the ones I call "faster cars" and represent me
Yikes!! I'll represent all the 210's out there with my furious E180 Diesel! If you come across any of them fast cars send em to me and i'll show em what an E180 can do! :p
Old 10-19-2005, 02:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Dude, I ride in an E220 diesel taxi with minor mods in europe. That thing is scary fast.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:53 PM

C320 gets stomped

I had an 03 C320 with few mods. I always got stomped by my buddy's tricked out civics. They would whip up on me, so I never attempted to race anybody else while I had the c320.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Well, if it isn't the local King of Sour Grapes....

....anyone else beginning to see a pattern in TuscanTroll's posts in this forum? Pretty much all of them are nothing more than snide troll-fests overflowing with jealousy and reeking of sour grapes...I mean, how obvious can you be, dude? The only time you post on this forum is to stir up animosity amongst the AMG owners you seem to resent.

Jealousy is a wasted emotion. Perhaps if you spent 1/100 the amount of time working as you spend trolling these forums, you might actually scrape together enough funds to afford one.

Pathetic.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Fast55
Those are my true results. If/when I get ahold of an M5 or a new Z06, I'd be happy to post one way or the other. Several 'stangs, C4's, a 911 (not sure of year, but newer), a couple of G35's (a modded one that was FAST), too many other ricers to count, and yes, a couple of Benz's. Obviously the results would be different if my 55 were stock. I'm curious as to why you think these are not true results?
Jealousy has a way of clouding one's thinking.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
i raced a bantha yesterday and lost
Old 10-19-2005, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 Audi urS6 Quattro
Lost to a Viper yesterday...

Ive lost to a SL55, and a Ferrari 355, I havent lost to anything normal really..
Old 10-19-2005, 07:38 PM
Banned

Bantha
Originally Posted by Improviz
Perhaps if you spent 1/100 the amount of time working as you spend trolling these forums, you might actually scrape together enough funds to afford one.

Pathetic.
Quite honestly I don't consider 100k that much money...in the general sense. I just know I would fail to reap any enjoyment after spending it on a car....I also find it amusing when people spend alot and lose to cheaper inferior vehicles.....
Old 10-19-2005, 08:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Quite honestly I don't consider 100k that much money...in the general sense.
Yeah, I'll bet you're just rolling in it....which is why you incessantly badger people who have bought these cars in this forum. Get real...you couldn't make it any more obvious unless you changed your handle to SourGrapes.

I just know I would fail to reap any enjoyment after spending it on a car....
Which, even if it were true, is a subjective, personal opinion, and only a monumentally arrogant person criticizes others for not sharing all of his/her/its subjective, personal opinions...but the obvious jealously in your posts is as plain as day, and your motivations are quite clear: throwing rocks the toys you want but cannot have, and the people fortunate enough to own them.

I also find it amusing when people spend alot and lose to cheaper inferior vehicles.....
I suppose you also find it amusing that people spend all of that money on mansions when they could live in caves, or that they spend all of that money on jewels when they could simply wear cubic zirconium, yes? Is the concept of luxury that lost on you? Is the obvious fact that speed isn't the only consideration here lost on you? I doubt it. Simple rock throwing, nothing more. Your green eyes are showing....

And the sad thing here is that you seem to think that people only buy AMGs for speed, as if there are no other factors involved in the purchasing decision....as if suddenly, after reading your drivel, all of us will wake up from our slumber, sell our AMGs, and buy a $5K used Turbo Eclipse, strip it, put $5K in it, and run 11's.

Or wow, who woulda thunkit: a Cadilac CTS-V will outrun a $350,000 Rolls Royce....I guess those Rolls drivers are really feeling pained right now, eh?

So, OK, how about this: you claim to drive a C Class. Why? You obviously didn't buy it for its performance by your own admission....and a Toyota Camry has more interior space, is much more reliable, has far more room and a bigger trunk, gets better mileage, uses regular gasoline instead of premium, and has lower insurance costs and ownership costs. In other words, this cheaper, inferior vehicle is far more practical than yours and is far less expensive to own.

So why did you waste your money on a C CLass?

I mean, really, what's the point of these unadultrated, immature jealous rants?

Sheesh...grow up.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
Cool

Before Carlsbad raceway closed, I took my E55 (W211) bone stock and raced 3 yes, three different ZO6 Vetts there. The only one that beat me had drag radials, intake, headers and exhaust. I had him at the 1/8 mile but it pulled me by a car length top end. He ran a 12.3 something at 118 and I was 12.4 @ 116. He couldn't belive it.

I've beat 996tt tips but lost to my own 993tt (600+ hp) with my wife driving it.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Bout the closest I have been was the other day. Yet another WRX STI tried to pull me .....this time on the highway.....I punched it and brought it up to bout 120. Looked back....there he was right in the rear view. He backed off and exited shortly after. Bad a$$ little cars.

I know it's just a matter of time....some sleeper will get me.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whatever keys I grab first...
Ok, fine... I'll admit to it, I lost as well...

That punk kid in the F16 pulled on me like no other.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

g
Originally Posted by Lexani
Ok, fine... I'll admit to it, I lost as well...

That punk kid in the F16 pulled on me like no other.
What's with you and that F16.... I think someone's jealous :p
Old 10-19-2005, 10:17 PM

01 ML55, 91 Supra Turbo, 05 Audi S4
WRX got me; I beat one WRX stock, light to light @1/8 mile the driver blew a gear you could hear it grind, cool, yeah right! I got a little over zealous "stupid" and ran into another one jet black; tints, carbon wheels....lets do it! Got destroyed he pulled so fast and hard that I could not read the red little badge on the trunk lid. I think it said STI or something never caught him to see. Oh well a lesson learned!
Old 10-19-2005, 10:48 PM

1998 honda civic lx
everything - haha - look at what i drive and you'll understand. that's why the "enthusiast" part of this website is exciting to me. that's what i am. maybe someday i'll own a car with some power.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whatever keys I grab first...
Originally Posted by NOTKTS
What's with you and that F16.... I think someone's jealous :p
It's just I don't think he should have the right to use his power boost going full throttle. I am clearly not jealous!
Old 10-19-2005, 11:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Quite honestly I don't consider 100k that much money...in the general sense. I just know I would fail to reap any enjoyment after spending it on a car....I also find it amusing when people spend alot and lose to cheaper inferior vehicles.....
Well, I just have so much money that I would be frustrated if I don't spend it.

So... I bought all cars - from geo metro to enzo - and parked them around me in front of my 100-acre professionally landscaped backyard w/ 1000 money trees (each has $1MM worth of bills).... pick a gold handgun.... load it w/ 5-carat C-color, IF, Ideal cut & polish diamond.... cover my eyes with $1MM handkerchief and shoot randomly..... when I open my eyes, I found the diamond went into an E55 engine.

So... I decided to trash all cars and get an E55.... that's how I end up w/ an E55.

Now you say I did not have any enjoyment getting an E55?
Old 10-19-2005, 11:27 PM

2005 C230 Sedan 6spd
I don't race much in my C230

Win list: modded 99 Civic Si, Mazda protege 5 (The Wagon), BMW 325i (or Xi?) don't remember

Lost list: Recently a 1999 or 2000 MB S500 4-Matic on the highway, He was loaded with atleast 4 passengers including the driver. I was with 3 other friends, I was driving. He pulled on me pretty quick, I was in 5th gear WOT, he just keeps on pulling away.....but he didn't lose me......I kept up with him, but only because he didn't go any faster after 110MPH. ( I knew he's car was way faster than my before we started the race)

I just race for fun, not to put people down (or let other people get a chance to put me down, since my car is no Ferrari or a AMG)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What have you lost to?