Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

clk55 vs. cts-v

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mymbonline
clk55 vs. cts-v

i was driving home about a week ago, late night
pull up to the light and see a cts v in the left lane 2 cars ahead
i managed to get alongside him and we floored it for about 2 sec. and then he stopped so i also slowed
we pull to the light, i look over and its an old dude (50-55) with his wife im assuming.
he looks over and starts reving
the light turns green and we both take off... by 70 i was about 2.5-3 carlengths ahead
we stop at the next light and roll down my window and suggest that he gets fatter tires in the rear (stock 245) b/c i heard him chirp really hard when he shifted into second and no doubt thr tc killed his momentum
after i tell him that he say "we can try again"
the light turns green and i get a horrable launch (way too much spin) he pulls about 1.5 carlengths, by 45 were even and then i start to pull away...again
Old 10-28-2005, 09:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 C32 AMG
Nice kill! Now get out a paper and pen and write to GM and tell them to forget about healthcare issues and stop whoring that freaking Corvette engine in every performance car they make. Man, Detroit is slackin these days, who have the let run the show up there, Kid Rock?
Old 10-28-2005, 09:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Originally Posted by AMG_55
i was driving home about a week ago, late night
pull up to the light and see a cts v in the left lane 2 cars ahead
i managed to get alongside him and we floored it for about 2 sec. and then he stopped so i also slowed
we pull to the light, i look over and its an old dude (50-55) with his wife im assuming.
he looks over and starts reving
the light turns green and we both take off... by 70 i was about 2.5-3 carlengths ahead
we stop at the next light and roll down my window and suggest that he gets fatter tires in the rear (stock 245) b/c i heard him chirp really hard when he shifted into second and no doubt thr tc killed his momentum
after i tell him that he say "we can try again"
the light turns green and i get a horrable launch (way too much spin) he pulls about 1.5 carlengths, by 45 were even and then i start to pull away...again
Nice kill .It's nice to see Detroit where they should be - in the rearview mirror !
Old 10-28-2005, 12:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 GLS63 AMG
Good kill... that is the big problem with the V, no traction whatsoever. They are great performing cars for ~$47K brand new though. Let's see what the upcoming STS-V can do.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mymbonline
thanks guys
get em all, represent