Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!
View Poll Results: Who will win?
Modified SL55 AMG
56.14%
BMW M6
38.60%
Even
5.26%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Modified SL55 AMG vs. BMW M6

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-02-2005, 12:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whatever keys I grab first...
Originally Posted by NOTKTS
So your saying in the next 30MPH the Murci lost 4 secs on the SL? Bahahahahahahaha. And the mile comes up in around 30.4@169. Some people have even tested the Murci for 11.72@122.53.
To tell you the truth, I'd be willing to take on any 55 or maybe try for a 65 just for kicks. And yes John, this includes your POS.
You're modded, genius.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by King320

UMMM, Grunt...u sure about that one??? And dont say Lambo is a german car now, cuz ill just fall back on Ferrari.

I'm sorry?
Old 11-02-2005, 12:56 PM

1998 honda civic lx
Originally Posted by Lexani

I'm sorry?
I think he was meaning street-legal cars...and even if we are just comparing race cars...compare the GTR to schumacher's ferrari f1 - I love the GTR and everything - A LOT, but look at the numbers:

http://www.fast-autos.net/mercedes/mercedesclkgtr.html
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame...php&carnum=197

GTR - 600 BHP
Ferrari F1 - 770 BHP
Old 11-02-2005, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 C32 AMG
I'm sorry?
umm... except the Lambo doesnt do this...
http://www.linienmc.dk/video/crashca...ns%201999.MPEG
Old 11-02-2005, 02:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by milllx
I think he was meaning street-legal cars...
Not necessarily, im not sure if that Lambo is street legal. Its in the same series as the GTR used to be.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Improviz
Gustav's tests are suspect,

Really, the dude is the biggest tool I have seen, not only is he trolling here, he is trolling on his own M5board.

Check out the thread about "Predict the outcome...C6 Z vs. M5 vs. Gallardo" and this dufus cuts in with the same M6 vs SL55 video.

Not only is there a whole thread about this video but he cuts in just about every thread with the same video.

I think you shoud bookmark it for future references. What is funny is that his post completely ignored and the people keep discussing the topic of the thread. Thats one swedish sh*thead for you.

LINK
Old 11-02-2005, 03:31 PM

M6 had two persons in it and the SL55 1.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:56 PM

2012 Cls 63 amg, 2006 Bmw M6
Originally Posted by Gustav
M6 had two persons in it and the SL55 1.
What kind of a dumb race is that? Start the damn two cars side by side from zero and slam it. Who cares about drivers messing up launch WTF! Drag race the biatches and see who really wins. For all we know you could have paid the guy in the merc to slow down. Even your own people on your own forum question why you chose to start from 100km and why you chose those stupid roads DUMMY. You are so biased you can't even do a simple race fair and square.

This video means ****. Start from zero and do it three times and see who wins. WHo cares if the sl55 would get beat at least we would know that you did not rig this thing in your favor...........windy roads.....not starting from zero etc nice conditions for a high revving engine with better grip than the MERC to shine like a dime. Why don't you do it on a straight line.

OH and by the way if you want to compare best to best............ No offense to sl55 owners( especially since that is the car I am going to get next after residency) but have you tried the sl600 and the sl65...........best of the best versus best of the best from each company.
Even your own people on the M5board asked you why you chose sl55 over sl65 and sl600 and don't even use price or availability as an excuse!

Wow now I know what a forum troll is! :p
Who is this kid anyway...now I know what the e55 guys have been talking about. I don't think any of us go on bimmer forums trying to **** on their cars with new cars from benz that just came out.

Last edited by caliboy; 11-02-2005 at 03:59 PM.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:01 PM

Ahhh... I race to higher speeds because it is interesting, that means around 250-260 km/h. Very difficult to find those stretches. The SL55 owner was invited to the airfield but didnt show up, so we d oa rolling start from 100 km/h.

SL65 is hard to find owners who wants to race. Supply and demand, simple as that. Also in Sweden we have snow and cold weather, and this was close to freezing, so conditions were already a bit dicey.

Do a better yourself, I would lve to see some more SL65 AMG in action!

Caliboy: also try to be less arrogant and try to enjoy cars instead, of any brand...
Old 11-02-2005, 04:56 PM

Ahhh... I race to higher speeds because it is interesting, that means around 250-260 km/h. Very difficult to find those stretches. The SL55 owner was invited to the airfield but didnt show up, so we d oa rolling start from 100 km/h.

SL65 is hard to find owners who wants to race. Supply and demand, simple as that. Also in Sweden we have snow and cold weather, and this was close to freezing, so conditions were already a bit dicey.

Do a better yourself, I would lve to see some more SL65 AMG in action!

Caliboy: also try to be less arrogant and try to enjoy cars instead, of any brand...
Dude I'm not arrogant, just a little upset at the way you come off with this post. Honestly if you would have explained the circumstances a bit better maybe I would have not jumped on you so much.
You have to understand this is a benz forum and you come here post a claim and a vid without much explanation about circumstances and expect us to love it. We don't do that on your forum that I know of and neither should you.

I don't know much about you, but are you the same guy that is always pissing off the e55 guys posting all these arguably questionable claims in a nasty way?

Oh and two more questions just answer them straight up ok:

Is it true that you don't allow anyone to post whena mercedes beats a bimmer on your forum and you ban them as well if they do? I was thinking about joining your forum cause my pops is thinking of getting an M5, but if I can't make a fair BMW vs BENZ comment and the Benz just happens to win then forget it.

And also do you get kickbacks or get paid by BMW? I mean I don't care I actually think that's kinda cool! I would love to do that for benz or bimmer.

Btw as you can tell I love bimmer as well certain kinds.......M3 and M5 are bad A ss machines, but you gotta be more civil and fair when you post things around here.........you know that video you just posted really does not prove much. Lets see if we can get those two cars next to each other and race fair and square. I do think the M6 will win, but not by the ridiculous way it was shown in that video. That driver in the merc looks like he si more careful with his little "baby" than you were with the M6. Had that been me I guarantee I would have at least been right at your aSSSSSS! waiting for you to F-up so I can go for the kill!

Last edited by caliboy; 11-02-2005 at 05:02 PM.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

g
Seriously... And what was with that "Oh ****!" Where the SL pulled hard on the M6? Sand-bagging is most definitely a factor here... And who does this mod to a SL55
Old 11-02-2005, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by NOTKTS
Seriously... And what was with that "Oh ****!" Where the SL pulled hard on the M6? Sand-bagging is most definitely a factor here... And who does this mod to a SL55
NOTKTS what's the deal dude! I have not spoken to you in a while. It's all my fault man. I've been so busy trying to finish this last year in med I've neglected my whoring buddies. Anyway, I saw that stupid little post you guys did about where's that Ron cheerleader character! LOL! I'll get you back!........

But on a different note, let's not ***** on this thread. I want to see what this Gustav dude has to say about the above questions. Why does this guy come on here like this all the time?
Old 11-02-2005, 05:34 PM

Hello.

answers:

1. Is it true that you don't allow anyone to post whena mercedes beats a bimmer on your forum and you ban them as well if they do?

No. I ban people that do not behave. I have a lot of E55 owners on the site.

2.And also do you get kickbacks or get paid by BMW? I mean I don't care I actually think that's kinda cool! I would love to do that for benz or bimmer.

No, I do this for fun and no kickback whatsoever. I have had the site since 1996 and I love cars. Esp. Mercedes
Old 11-02-2005, 05:36 PM

Regarding fair and square race: I think it was. It cannot be done in any more perfect way. Each next to each other and then floor it. I even gavce the SL55 AMG the jump, since I let off the gas when he hit it.

Other videos:

http://video.google.com/videosearch?...G=Search+Video
Old 11-02-2005, 06:18 PM

Regarding fair and square race: I think it was. It cannot be done in any more perfect way. Each next to each other and then floor it. I even gavce the SL55 AMG the jump, since I let off the gas when he hit it.

Other videos:

http://video.google.com/videosearch?...G=Search+Video
Actually looking at the end of the race again it did not look like the sl55 lost by that much. I would say that you should still have done it form a dig side by side from scratch three times. I think the results would have been a bit closer, but with the advantage still to the M6 as I have said all along. Light weight, a bit newer technology. The M6 is one bad *** car no denying that.

Now try this with an sl600 delimited or an sl65...... both torque monsters which is the Benzo's best quality. I think even a cl65 vs M6 would be a very interesting race.

Now you see Gustavito........this is a car converstation without the throw it in your face.............f-u benz owners attitude that you initially came off with.
That's how you come to a respected forum like this and represent for your Bimmer peeps. You might even get some bimmer converts in the process fool! Not! J/k! :p

I have one last question for you...........How come you get a hold of these cars before they even come out? That's a pretty big connection you have there if you ask me......kinda suspect. And please elaborate a little more.....because I'm on to your "answer short and quickly so I don't get flamed too much style" lol!
Old 11-02-2005, 06:31 PM

SL65/BENTLEY GT
I have looked at this video several times, and it seems as if the video is edited as soon as the 55 started to pull past the M6 with ease once Ol Gus said that he was serious. The 55 moves ahead and all of a sudden the cars are back beside each other. I call total BS on this video.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

g
Originally Posted by DBERRY7578
I have looked at this video several times, and it seems as if the video is edited as soon as the 55 started to pull past the M6 with ease once Ol Gus said that he was serious. The 55 moves ahead and all of a sudden the cars are back beside each other. I call total BS on this video.
Same thing I was asking about! Theres a "Oh Sh*t" and the SL55 leaps ahead.... *Cut to next scene*
Old 11-02-2005, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I think he was meaning street-legal cars...and even if we are just comparing race cars...compare the GTR to schumacher's ferrari f1 - I love the GTR and everything - A LOT, but look at the numbers:

http://www.fast-autos.net/mercedes/mercedesclkgtr.html
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame...php&carnum=197

GTR - 600 BHP
Ferrari F1 - 770 BHP
Dude, no offense, but the Lamborghini R-GT is FAR from street legal. Who on earth gave you the idea it was? Read up on it...
Old 11-02-2005, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by King320
Not necessarily, im not sure if that Lambo is street legal. Its in the same series as the GTR used to be.
1st: Yes, I've seen the video-- very interesing. Makes absolutely no difference.

2nd: The R-GT IS NOT Street Legal in anyway shape or form-- I've not only read about it in MLE (Modified Luxury & Exotics), but I've seen the blasted thing run around Limerock against Ferrari and Corvettes.

My comparo is valid.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Caliboy, with all due respect, you're wasting your time talking to Gustav. His intelligence matches that of a screwdriver, and clearly, he doesn't mind showing it.

Not only does he always manage to tick off our fellow E55 owners, but he manages to get under everyone elses skin with this ridiculous trolling-trip he's on.

It is funny though, regarding the video, when suddenly the SL starts to pull-- we hear dear Gustav damn near yelping like a little pansy and than-- BLACK, and the vehicles are side by side once more. A bit suspicious... "Oh ****," was right, this race is about as valid and trustworthy, as using Paris Hilton when phoning a friend.

I hope to god at one of these meets I get a chance to run into one of these overrated (and ugly) BMWs. I'll show them what Mercedes is all about, fairly.

I, for the life of me, cannot understand how trolls-- yes, you, Gustav-- are allowed to freely screw up our community over here, yet when a stupid remark is made by one of our own (Gee, I don't know... Tuscanraider?), the member is banned.

Gustav, seriously, I think I speak for a majority of MBWorld members when I say:

Leave.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:04 PM

1998 honda civic lx
Dude, no offense, but the Lamborghini R-GT is FAR from street legal. Who on earth gave you the idea it was? Read up on it...
Alright, just didn't know about the whole not-street legal thing with that car. I didn't get the idea from anyone...just assumed. I was wrong on that count, but still, what about my comparison above - Ferrari f1 vs. GTR? It looks like on power numbers, the GTR is beat.

P.S. I'm not a dude - I'm a girl

Also, I echo what others are saying about the video not looking legit - I wondered about that "oh s**t" too.

I would also like to see a truly fair race - no cuts, from stopped.

Last edited by milllx; 11-02-2005 at 08:06 PM.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Thats it, I'm going over to the bimmer forums and posting a video of how I beat a bunch of "modded" (Intake and exhaust) bimmers. I really dont care if you were able to pull on a "modded SL55". Do you see DerekFSU going over to the bimmer boards saying "Eat my dust biatches!"? No. Thats why if he posts that a M6 pulled that hard on a SL55 I'd believe him. You have no credibility here so keep your arrogant remarks and videos to yourself.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Alright, just didn't know about the whole not-street legal thing with that car. I didn't get the idea from anyone...just assumed. I was wrong on that count, but still, what about my comparison above - Ferrari f1 vs. GTR? It looks like on power numbers, the GTR is beat.
As well it should beat it-- it'd be sad to see the extra 100+ HP go to waste.

P.S. I'm not a dude - I'm a girl
Sorry! :p lol

Also, I echo what others are saying about the video not looking legit - I wondered about that "oh s**t" too.

I would also like to see a truly fair race - no cuts, from stopped.
I'm more than willing to do a run... perhaps at a meet in the near future.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Thats it, I'm going over to the bimmer forums and posting a video of how I beat a bunch of "modded" (Intake and exhaust) bimmers. I really dont care if you were able to pull on a "modded SL55". Do you see DerekFSU going over to the bimmer boards saying "Eat my dust biatches!"? No. Thats why if he posts that a M6 pulled that hard on a SL55 I'd believe him. You have no credibility here so keep your arrogant remarks and videos to yourself.
Serious.

I'm willing to bet, the SL driver was pushing the pedal down just enough to keep up with the M6-- but not enough to beat it... not until the very end anyways. :v
Old 11-02-2005, 08:18 PM

1998 honda civic lx
As well it should beat it-- it'd be sad to see the extra 100+ HP go to waste.

Sorry! :p lol
no problem :p

I'm more than willing to do a run... perhaps at a meet in the near future.
i would LOVE to see that. take him (or some other m6 owner) to task and make them go on fair terms - as this video is suspect.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Modified SL55 AMG vs. BMW M6