Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Shamed by C32 on the Beltway

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 01:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
O4 Impreza WRX STi
Shamed by C32 on the Beltway

Monday the 14th, 495 South Beltway from Silver Spring to somewhere near Tyson's Corner.
Silver C32 or C55 (not familiar with these cars) with suspension mods, possibly aftermarket wheels, and hopefully some power mods, put the hurt on me for many miles.
I was in my modded STi, which felt like a beaten Yugo at the time. This car pulled away from me on the straights, and I could NOT stay behind it through the corners.
I started in 6th each time he gassed it in a straight line, so it may or may not have been less of a beatdown there, but I definitely sat on some clenched cheeks trying to match his pace through the turns, and could not stay within 100 feet of the guy.
This sound familiar to anyone? Silver C, no factory badges, some aftermarket (I'm guessing) tuner badges on the trunk, lowered, with some kind of flag hanging from the mirror.

Nice car!
Old 11-17-2005, 01:54 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Silver C hmmm. I know of a few in the area. Did it have 19's and a body kit? There is a silver C32 with 18" monolite renntech wheels, renntech ECU/pulley, SL splitter, eisenmann race exhaust, bla bla bla and runs mid 12's in the quarter. He goes to georgetown. Theres a C32 with 19" Carlssons but has no performance mods. ANd theres a C320 thats debadged and has chip/carlsson dual exhaust/body kit/19" Carlsson wheels, etc. Those are the first 3 that come to mind. Are you sure the car wasnt a clk? No offense but AMG's own the highway, your STI was designed for more of a 0-60 sprint or the twisties.

Last edited by blackbenzz; 11-17-2005 at 01:56 AM.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:03 AM

O4 Impreza WRX STi
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Silver C hmmm. I know of a few in the area. Did it have 19's and a body kit? There is a silver C32 with 18" monolite renntech wheels, renntech ECU/pulley, SL splitter, eisenmann race exhaust, bla bla bla and runs mid 12's in the quarter. He goes to georgetown. Theres a C32 with 19" Carlssons but has no performance mods. ANd theres a C320 thats debadged and has chip/carlsson dual exhaust/body kit/19" Carlsson wheels, etc. Those are the first 3 that come to mind. Are you sure the car wasnt a clk? No offense but AMG's own the highway, your STI was designed for more of a 0-60 sprint or the twisties.
I'm almost positive it was a C32 judging by the rear end. I don't think it had a body kit. If it did it was a subtle one. ECU/pully/exhaust/mid-12's sounds about right. Does that guy post here?
It was lowered for sure, lower in the front than in the rear it seemed. The wheels had a polished lip on them, but I have no idea what they really looked like.
It had those small German badges on the trunk lid...the little flag ones, whatever those are.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:18 AM
rrf

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jon Winter's C32?

Sounds like Jon Winter's C32. Clarksville, MD

See this for a list of his mods.
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...19#post1352519
BTW a driving instructor too goodluck
Old 11-17-2005, 12:31 PM

O4 Impreza WRX STi
Originally Posted by rrf
Sounds like Jon Winter's C32. Clarksville, MD

See this for a list of his mods.
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...19#post1352519
BTW a driving instructor too goodluck
It says his is black
Anyway, beautiful car whoever it was. Maybe we'll meet again when my suspension mods are complete.